Big rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I am looking to make myself a chopper style bike, now I am a big guy, 6'2" about 250, 260 pounds. What size frame should I use? I am building first so I was looking at some of the frames online, need to teach myself welding first before I do a custom run, so any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help
John

No offense John, but you're taking a monster bite all at once. Learning to weld is something that takes time. If you're serious about building bike frames that will support a 250 lb. man you should take a welding course first at the local Jr. College for wherever. You will gain years of "self taught" experience in a short time. Buy a frame for your first build, take a welding class and then go from there. Just my 2-cents. Gary

B607 said:
No offense John, but you're taking a monster bite all at once. Learning to weld is something that takes time. If you're serious about building bike frames that will support a 250 lb. man you should take a welding course first at the local Jr. College for wherever. You will gain years of "self taught" experience in a short time. Buy a frame for your first build, take a welding class and then go from there. Just my 2-cents. Gary

Yea you are right Gary, I gave some serious thought and decided to buy frame first, only thing I am worried about it not looking like an elephant on a fly riding it, lol or my knees in my chin lol

Thanks for all the info guys.. does anyone know of a custom builder in the Buffalo/Rochester NY area?

and I am following Alchemist Custom Bicycles on FB :)

2 bikes come to mind when you mention big cruisers. 3G makes a bike that fits me at 6'1" with room to spare, and Electra makes a steel cruiser in an extra large frame.

Latest posts

Back