Big Twin-FINISHED-Videos

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building this for a buildoff at MBF. It's a 26" Texas Ranger, like alot of my bikes, this one was rescued from the trash. I'll be using it to pull my bike trailer (soon to be built) for parades and shows.

IMG_0902.jpg

The headset tube broke away from the top bar and the bottom bar is bent.
IMG_0908.jpg

Donor Frame
IMG_0909.jpg

Initial Mockup
IMG_0910.jpg

Re: Big Twin

Mugen_Stumpo said:
i love it :shock:

can you post a pic of the springer fork chopper in the first pic?

You can see the build. It's the "Touch of Trash" bike I built. It's the first bike I built. Shouldn't be too far back in the builds forum.

IMG_0867.jpg

looks great....

but i was talking about the chopper bike with the springer... the third bike starting from the left side of the pic :D

Mugen_Stumpo said:
looks great....

but i was talking about the chopper bike with the springer... the third bike starting from the left side of the pic :D

That's funny! I realized that this morning. Here it is, It's a Murray Fire cat, soon to be a Ramrod. Photo taken by the P.O.

chopper002.jpg

Here it is with some new wheels and tires. 26 x 2.125 rear and 26 x 1.50 front.
IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

Well I've been really busy, and got side tracked by another purchase, so I haven't had much time to work on this one. I had about a half an hour this afternoon. Here's what I've done:
002.jpg

001.jpg

Xcruiser said:
Mind if I ask where you got the forks?
I bought those locally, but they're pretty common on Ebay. Just search for "bicycle triple forks".

I really like the style of your recent build. Indeed a '70's chopper-style. Great job! Any idea about the colourscheme? Can't wait to see it finished.

P.S. Awesome bike as well and too bad the steamtrain's behind bars. :(
IMG_0867.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks guy's, I plan to paint it black on flat black, gloss black frame with flat black accessories. I also thought about some dark green accents. I'm converting the front end to a springer, plus I have an idea for a custom card holder and another hand operated kick stand. I really didn't want a banana seat, but once I put it on I really liked the look and it's in the perfect position for a comfortable ride.

nice build looking real nice.... and nowwwww i see wha that shifter looking bar is a hand operated kick stand.. NICE :mrgreen:

Finally got a little time, here's the beginning of my "upside down springer"
001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003.jpg

Latest posts

Back