Big Twin-FINISHED-Videos

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Twin NEW PICS

It's taking me some time, but I'm determined to finish this bike! It rides great. I just have some odds and ends to finish up before tearing it down to paint it.
BigTwin2.jpg

BigTwin1-1.jpg

My latest version of a "hand stand"

BigTwin3-1.jpg

BigTwin4-1.jpg

Re: Big Twin

Sweet build :D Has a cool chopper stance :wink: Great idea on the kickstand :mrgreen:

Re: Big Twin-FINISHED

Here it is:

Red Fauxtina Paint
BigTwin6.jpg

Custom built, working upside springer:
BigTwin8.jpg

Handstand:
BigTwin7.jpg

Spring loaded card holder:
BigTwin5.jpg

What I started with:
IMG_0601.jpg

What it is now:
BigTwin11.jpg

i normally cant stand tall sissy bars like that one, but you sir, have made me change my mind about them!!! the kickstand idea is incredible!!! too bad you cant fit a wider rear tire in those stays... what about maybe some WWs??

Easy E

elvis51 said:
i normally cant stand tall sissy bars like that one, but you sir, have made me change my mind about them!!! the kickstand idea is incredible!!! too bad you cant fit a wider rear tire in those stays... what about maybe some WWs??

Easy E
Thanks! I had to have the sissy bar, this bikes so fast,the sissy bar keeps me from falling off the back at speed! LOL! This bike rides really nice, my favorite rider. The kickstand works great and this time I made it so the lever's behind me when the stand's in the up position, the last one was opposite and tore up my shin!
I may put some white walls on it, thinking it would make the black wheels show up better. :idea:

so many great features on this bike - it's a true chopper. The sky scraper sissy and the hand-stand are my favorites, but then there's that creative fork... wow.

Great job !! I love the springer,kickstand,and all the details!! You can never go wrong with white walls so Im sure it would look good,great build 8) :mrgreen:

I really like this build..
but i must ask how well does the springer work?
could you get a vid or something of it in action?
cause it seems it could bottom out on the bottom of the fork legs, is that an issue? :|

iven said:
I really like this build..
but i must ask how well does the springer work?
could you get a vid or something of it in action?
cause it seems it could bottom out on the bottom of the fork legs, is that an issue? :|

It actually works pretty darn well! The only draw back is that the fornt end is somewhat unstable, side-to-side, if you release too much tension from the springs.

It doesn't bottom out on the legs, because it moves away from the bottom legs as it compresses the springs, it rests on the bottom legs as as stop.

I'll post a video of it tomorrow.

Turned out awesome! Do the pedals hit when you ride it? The look pretty low. :shock:

Carbon said:
Turned out awesome! Do the pedals hit when you ride it? The look pretty low. :shock:

Yep, It took some time to get used to. It's a little lower than I wanted.

iven said:
whats the og fork off of though?

I'm not sure, they came with another bike I bought, they're triple forks, I've seen them for sale on ebay.

cool, thanks
yeah thats what i first thought when you said it was alittle unstable side to side..
Bracket that thing up man :p

also saw the other bike in the back ground, i rember that build :)

Latest posts

Back