Bike Build For My Girlfriends Birthday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ever shortening deadline, I need to have this bike done by July 19th which is my GFs 23rd birthday.

Its been sitting behind my garage for over a year now, was in this bad of shape when I first got it so not a terrible deal for $20 at a tractor show I exhibit at. The overall plan is to replace the wheels with a nice black alloy wheel set with a 5-8 speed internal gear hub in back, drum or disk brake up front running inside a mountain bike front fork for some comfort to the ride. Some better shaped handlebars ould make it a MUCH more comfortable ride for her too. The frame is going to need some gussets to help stiffen it up some, but overall its a solid bike. Going to be doing a gloss black paint job on the frame and forks, adding in some deep blue and dark red pin striping. White wall tires will finish off the bike with that classic hot rod look. Probably will run a traditional headlight and 2 small bullet style tail lights on the rear rack, a nice soft seat and finish it off with a holder for her cellphone with speakers.

Looks a nice frame to base your build on, be good to see where this one goes my friend.

Also sorry to hear about the operation you've been through. Keep your head up & I hope you are back to full health soon.

Latest posts

Back