bike movies

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best movies that have bikes as a major part of the movie? Off the top of my head I can think of Breaking away and that one movie where Kevin Bacon is a delivery dude on a bike (help me out here). I hate to mention American Flyers cause Costner killed the character but there you go. Maybe some indie stuff out there I haven't seen. Sound off.

o.k. I remembered quick silver (Kevin Bacon). How could I forget Pee Wee's big adventure. 1983 BMX bandits-one of Nicole Kidman"s better movies...not

pee_wees_big_adventure.jpg

coach j said:
o.k. I remembered quick silver (Kevin Bacon). How could I forget Pee Wee's big adventure. 1983 BMX bandits-one of Nicole Kidman"s better movies...not

holy shat ! i forgot about quick silver, i loved that flic. gonna have to buy it now. i also remember BMX bandits. i think anyway... was that the one were the kid was doing backflips ? (almost unheard of at the time)

I just borrowed Quicksilver to my brother to watch. I'm surprised I haven't worn out my DVD yet. He alternates between a fixed gear and a freewheel setup on his bike. It had a pretty star studded cast with Larry Fishburne and Paul Rodriguez, etc... Appearently there's another Pee Wee movie supposely to be made. Not to mention He made a special appearance at Sturgis this year in the whole giddup and did the dance at one of the big bars there also. Go Pee Wee!
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/ ... new-movie/

Ratfink1962 said:
Not my list, but Aka_locojoe has a nice bicycle moview review catagory on his blog...

Bicycle Movie Reviews
Thanks.
Our reviews are lame but it's a decent list of bicycle related movies, documentaries and other shows.
More than the movies I like the documentaries.

It wasn't a bike movie but "The Sandlot "had a scene where a baseball team from across town rode up on cool bikes to challenge the boys to a game.

Forrest Gump had a scene being chased by some classics and my dog skip had a couple of classic in the movie.

Beginning of Jumanji has a Cotton Picker and some other bikes, the new Starsky and Hutch has some cool bikes, Truman Show has some old ballooners. Watch Rad at least once a month.

Latest posts

Back