bike name is 1949 cadillac-100% done-look and post

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: bike name is 1949 cadillac- now with almond and green paint.

ok here we go,,I have to say this is one of the best looking bikes i have ever seen...I just got on the hunter green paint and now i have to let it set for a few days,then wet sanding and clear coat...I found if i put a de humidifier in the room it helps to dry better..
Picture034-1.jpg

Picture035-1.jpg

Picture036-1.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Ithink that's lookin' sharp man! Originally I was pulling for green with almond accens, but you've changed my mind. Is that green metallic? Did you end up using tractor paint? If not, what did you use? I really like it, especially the accents on the chainguard and rear rack. Again, nice work. :mrgreen:

I love this bike,to bad I have to give it away..lol.
the only thing i have ti do is fix a few spots around the head tube.wet sand the hole thing then clear coat and buff it out.. :mrgreen:
when i get home i will tell you the paint i used,,,I did put the cans in worm water to make it spray better,,,

worm water??????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

looks good. nice job on the masking. I really like the chainguard

im going to the junk yard to get a old caddy badge and a small chrome Cadillac lettering to put on the chain guard.
im also looking for a caddy hood ornament to go on the front finder...

dude brian the bike is lookin sweet bro!! you did a really good job on the paint as well and the masking looks good. youve inspired me to try a two tone paint job on one of my next builds!

Easy E

here is the thing,,put the can in warm water=it helps thin the paint,
use a tack cloth-use a tack cloth
use a little lacquer thinner before each coat of paint and give it time to dry...not alot just a little on the clean rag
and pay the most for your tape,and when you put the tape down run you finger along the edge for a good stick
also after you spray give the paint a little time to tack up then pull off the tape..
o and also when you tape put your edge on the top when you mask.if anyone has any questions on this just ask me..ill explain
it make it much easier and cleaner,,,no smudges.

this is my first paint job and my first 2 tone paint job.

well here I am
Picture051.jpg

and here are a few parts
Picture052.jpg

Picture053.jpg

tail lights till i get my bee hive lights
Picture054.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture058.jpg

o my beard is short now....most of the time its huge...I also just cut off 2 foot of hair for locks of love...

dude, ya know we are using the same frame. i don't have a tank or rear carrier. lookin good

Outlaw 8)

well i just have to say the using a dehumidifier to help dry paint and help it get hard is a good idea...I shot a scrap peace of metal with both colors and went to scratching it and its almost done..... :roll:

Ok it is almost done----here are the pic's
Now all I have to do is get the headlight cleaned up and change the crank set so rat rod can get it in a trade,,,,ALMOST done,
please post what you think-----
Picture075.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Picture083.jpg

Picture086.jpg

Picture087.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture090.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture094.jpg

Re: bike name is 1949 cadillac-almost done-look on page 3.

bike looks good brian. my favorite parts on this bike have gotta be the chain guard cuz of the masking you did on it and and the rear rack. this bike is going to a very lucky person. wish it was me :( lol keep up the good work man!!!

Easy E

ok I need a little help,,asap....i put on the crank and went for a ride,,,got going and the crank got a little play in it and started clicking,,,got home and took it off and the bearing was all bent up and the balls fell out,,,crap,,,i put in a new one but i dont understand how to adjust it,,,can some one tell me what to do?help help,,,

When you put the crank on, did you forget to use a lock washer? that could be why everything loosened up.

Latest posts

Back