bike name is 1949 cadillac-100% done-look and post

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: bike name is 1949 cadillac-almost done-look on page 3.

I got nothing... Did you maybe put the bearing in backwards? Maybe they're too small for the bearing cups? Is the crank tweaked out of true? I don't know what else might have done it... Sorry bro!

well i fixed it,,,,i had to change to a new crank,,,that one was shot,,,so i had to put back on the bmx crank,,,,sorry rat rod

:( Sorry 'bout your last 'hiccup' but got to say its been amazing watching your build! fantastic thread mate! The bike looks beaut! ....also to add ..[sorry again! :lol: ] but my wife still in love with your house and street!...and you have a T25 vw van outside, is it yours?

yes it is my vw,,I also have a 1972 panel van and an 84 transporter van,I love living in Asheville nc there is so much here to love.

this just in I got the head light working that goes on the tip of the tank working,,,so all in all this sweet ride is 100% DONE
to bad im giving it away next week,,,im still going to cry a little when it goes...

wow i got 1000 views on this build,,,,that's a new record for me... :D :D :eek: :lol: :x :x :!: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: 8) :roll: :!:

Let me know when you decide to remove that crank and put it back on the right bike. :wink:

when you put the bearing and crank in, you hafta make sure the bearings are in there flush and not at an angle, you would thin they would line up when you tighten them, but most dont, dont feel so bad though ive crushed 3 on the same bike before :oops:

still a really sweet bike brian!!!

Easy E

well Im having fun with this and it's all about fun,,,,i found this one on klunkers.net and its like mine without a paint job so im staying in this one.
http://clunkers.net/lasalle01.jpg
the way I see it is I did and can ride it like a mountain bike....heck i rode it down a set of steps and even took a nice jump to see how it would do,,it did just fine....and got air.
I love this site and I love bikes even more and thats what it's all about. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

well I guess i just raised the bar on the building,,,
This just in-I just got a phone call and I now have a 3 speed kick back with a coaster brake on the way,,,,
and I just put on a set of green Schwinn stingray flake grips...ill post a pic...lol

Picture108.jpg

Picture109.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Picture099.jpg

Picture100.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Picture111.jpg

banana seat Brian said:
i found this one on klunkers.net and its like mine without a paint job so im staying in this one.
http://clunkers.net/lasalle01.jpg

yes, but that was the before picture. here is the after pic.
lasalle02.jpg

not saying your bike isn't nice, because it's actually very nice. it just isn't a klunker....yet. :D

Latest posts

Back