Bike show, August 10th Richmond, VA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure I'll be at this one. I miss Richmond and I think some people I've lost contact may end up there. Hopefully I get to go to a cool show and catch up with a couple friends.

It is on my schedule but work obligations might thwart the appearance.
Also have found a bike going up for sale at an auction that I really want on the 10th.
Not much to swap at this point and the truck is getting a new trani. So hauling my bikes to show off looks to be a no go.
But I too would love to attend.
Thanks for the reminder Kim_dude.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jd56 said:
It is on my schedule but work obligations might thwart the appearance.
Also have found a bike going up for sale at an auction that I really want on the 10th.
Not much to swap at this point and the truck is getting a new trani. So hauling my bikes to show off looks to be a no go.
But I too would love to attend.
Thanks for the reminder Kim_dude.

That's too bad, you have some really nice ones. I'm just taking my ratty pathracer conversion (that should have won the road bike award at the VB show if my buddy didn't decide he needed to take it for a cruise to get a drink during the judging) and my new Meteor Flite, which certainly isn't award worthy. Should be fun though. Sounds like Adam has put some work into the event.

I got two original Paint bikes, I mite bring to show and sell. 1963 RED Typhoon, Painted fenders.... and a 1972 Green Typhoon two speed.
Green has speedo rack and matching child seat.....
Mitch

I'm planning on coming. If I can get a receiver for my Ranger I plan on bringing 2 bikes if not I'm only bringing 1.
Kenny

I may make it if I have a bike delivery in the works...would enjoy attending.
Still waiting on my truck from the repair shop.

My nephews going away party for college got scheduled for that day so sadly Im not gonna make it. Maybe this will push me to do an end of summer show or cruise.

So is anyone from Northern NC going to this show?
I need someone to help me transport two bikes from the Eden / Reidsville area (Tony has the bikes, tpender3) to this show on the 10th.

Please send me an email at
[email protected]

I just can't get to NC anytime soon to get my 2 bikes that Tony was kind enough to pick up for me last month.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looking forward to the show and beer.
I'd post pics of what I am bringing, but don't have a 3rd party photo account.
'39 boy's Roadmaster
'53 boy's Shelby Airflo Super De Luxe
'34 boy's Westfield balloon tire motorbike project w/ stainless steel fenders
'45-46 boy's Firestone Pilot (Huffman)
'53 girl's Schwinn Hornet
parts, parts, and more parts.
See you there!
Chris

scrubbinrims said:
Looking forward to the show and beer.
I'd post pics of what I am bringing, but don't have a 3rd party photo account.
'39 boy's Roadmaster
'53 boy's Shelby Airflo Super De Luxe
'34 boy's Westfield balloon tire motorbike project w/ stainless steel fenders
'45-46 boy's Firestone Pilot (Huffman)
'53 girl's Schwinn Hornet
parts, parts, and more parts.
See you there!
Chris

hey Chris I will be there
I am brining just two, one only has 600 miles on the speedo, installed by Agees in 72.
The other is a 1963, came from York Pennsylvania.
mitch

Well I got the bikes from Tony earlier this week.
So I have permission to go. Looks like the plan of the better half attending has been thwarted by the forecasted rain....hey but at least she said she would entertain the thought....that's growth my married friends.
Probably will bring a hand full of the tanklights. Only a couple that can be considered show bikes. No Middleweight class so I doubt mine will measure up to the real vintage bike show entries.

Still it will be fun showing them off.
Can't do that with them under lock and key in the shop in the back yard.
Oh and then there is a beer or two....I'm there rain or shine.
Bringing a Redskins canopy so maybe it will cover the prizes....what all my bikes are prizes.....in my eyes anyway.

Va bike show....what....love it !!!!

Do we want to meet somewhere are and caravan to Richmond?
Kenny

Kenny, I'm leaving around 10am-ish. I was watching the radar for storms this morning. Depending on the rain will determine my actual departure time.
Haven't even started loading yet....cant decide how many bikes I want to get wet....But, I just want to get there early enough for parking the trailer.
Call me if you want to follow.

I had time great at event, then, there was the rain....of course it had to hit at the very beginning. We lost all our canopies.
But, had a great time after the sun came out and allowed the stress from getting all the bikes wet, subside.
Many Va. RRB and Cabe members made an appearance.
Some awesome bikes as we hoped, showed up.
Bought a few trinkets from Chris. Sold my 38 Hawthorne to a great couple....hope the check clears....

Kenny was kind enough to follow me up and back from Va. Beach. Thanks Kenny.
Got to say that monsoon that hit us on the way home had me worried. Managed to get the trailer pulled over under an overpass to remove the cherished seats I forgot to take off the bikes before we left.

Here are a few pics

This was the "Peoples Choice" award winner....great imagination on this build.
Hey Mitch what's you eating, or are you contemplating on the needed purchase????....some great BBQ I must admit was offered.
ysyrepy2.jpg

And some of scrubbinrims "for sale" items.
manypa6e.jpg

ugejyvys.jpg

y6yrepyb.jpg

And a few items I bought.

9edu7uru.jpg

The niece is lucky because, her pink Starlet was a hit and there were a few offers thrown my way....but, too much love was put into that one. It's priceless....wait "you said how much?????"....hmmmmm, dang those were tempting.

I was amazed how many loved the full patina'd Western Flyer 1950 Huffman there was but, many just didn't bring enough cash to the "Beer Fest" for a bike purchase of this caliber. But, that's probably because everyone was drawn to Chris's items.....now there was some quality bikes and parts, as usual.

bavatyna.jpg

Thanks for showing up there JD. Maybe next year it will be biger?

IMAG0373_zpsf316c0af.jpg

Here are mine and Brian's (carrotsnax) bikes at the show. I took my wife's BBO8 bike and my Schwinn rat. Brian brought out his superb Speedwell racer. We had a great time and it was fun meeting the other forum members!

Latest posts

Back