Bike tools from Lidl

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We just got a Lidl store near us (similar to Aldi if you're familiar with that). Their sale flyer this week had a bunch of low-priced bike tools and stuff. Keeping in mind that you get what you pay for, I bought a few items.

Bike work stand was $29.99.
20200305_070954.jpg
20200306_183002.jpg
20200306_183014.jpg

20200306_183019.jpg

This little tool kit was $19.99.
20200305_070834.jpg

And this headlight/taillight set was $4.99 if I recall correctly.
20200305_070918.jpg
20200306_205536.jpg

Haven't had much of an opportunity to do anything with it all yet, other than putting the stand together, hoisting the Fastback up on it, and snugging up some of the spokes in the rear wheel with the spoke wrench from the set. From what I can tell, most of the stuff looks and feels at least a step or two above your average basic cheap junk. Updates to come as I use it.

Anybody else have experiences with bike items from Lidl or Aldi?

Last edited:
Yes! Lidil had a grand opening here too. I remember a favorable thread here a few years ago about a bike stand sale at Aldi that looks the same. The stand has a 3 year warranty , and a 90 day store warranty. E-bike rated too ! So I bought that and the panniers for $12.99 . We shall see ( said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw ) .

I've had one of the Aldi stands for maybe 3 years now. Works ok. Never used a more expensive one, but it beats nothing. Lost one of the soft jaws, just use a rag to protect frame. They had a deal on removable front baskets a different Spring. We picked up 2 for our Schwinn Cruiser Fours. Oh ya picked up a floor air pump with gauge and use that a lot!

I have an Aldi stand, track pump and bought a tool kit when half price. Good value for money IMO. They seem similar to others of the same price. Probably come out fo the same factories, but with different stickers.

A bit more specifically:
the stand needed a bolt through the arm with the clamp on it to stop it rotating under the weight of a bike, especially when holding by the seat post
The pump has a dual Shraeder/presta head that needs some back pressure to select the right outlet. Makes pumping a dead flat tyre a pain sometimes.
The tool kit is cheap. The tools aren’t flash, but do the job enough for you to work out if you need to buy a good one. I.e. fine for little used tools.

We just got a Lidl store near us (similar to Aldi if you're familiar with that). Their sale flyer this week had a bunch of low-priced bike tools and stuff. Keeping in mind that you get what you pay for, I bought a few items.

Bike work stand was $29.99.
View attachment 114913 View attachment 114914 View attachment 114915
View attachment 114906

This little tool kit was $19.99.
View attachment 114907

And this headlight/taillight set was $4.99 if I recall correctly.
View attachment 114908 View attachment 114909

Haven't had much of an opportunity to do anything with it all yet, other than putting the stand together, hoisting the Fastback up on it, and snugging up some of the spokes in the rear wheel with the spoke wrench from the set. From what I can tell, most of the stuff looks and feels at least a step or two above your average basic cheap junk. Updates to come as I use it.

Anybody else have experiences with bike items from Lidl or Aldi?

Good price on that stand , never heard of that store , I'd like to have one, wonder if they ship ?

I like the tool kit and it's not a bad buy for those who dabble with modern bikes. It's clear, though, that it has only limited application on the vintage stuff.

Latest posts

Back