Bike Trailers?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Does anyone make bike trailers? What have you used for the frame? Have you used multiple axles? I'm thinking sections of aluminum ladder fastened together side by side. Single axle with duals each side or two axles separated a bit apart. That should take some weight from the bike. Theorizing here. If you have done it please share details. Thanks and Be Well, SS.

I've built carts to tow a kayak. This is 2.0 from about 7 years ago. Currently on 3.0, which is stronger, stays located better, and collapses into smaller pieces for better storage inside the boat (necessary as I'm electrifying this particular boat, so I'm losing some storage capacity and adding weight).

100_2729.JPG

My daughter-in-law picked up a used bike trailer to carry the little one. I looked at it briefly to see how it connected to a bike. It did come with the part that goes on the rear axle. What I don't understand is why there is a pretty stout spring in the trailer part of the hitch and why the part that connects to the bike hitch piece was set at at an odd angle. Looks like it would tend to make the trailer ride a bit askew down the road. Saw this on another kiddie hauling trailer too.

these are some off mine and i have built many more than 30 will send pictures of examples you ask what ever questions you wsh

Attachments

• quincy-hauler-004.jpg
    quincy-hauler-004.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 101
  • pictures 647.jpg
    pictures 647.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 89
  • pictures 653.jpg
    pictures 653.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 93
  • pictures 1170.jpg
    pictures 1170.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 83
  • pictures 1169.jpg
    pictures 1169.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 91
  • pictures 1163.jpg
    pictures 1163.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 85
  • pictures 1168.jpg
    pictures 1168.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 79
the blue one my wife used for many years she would ride over to the grocery store unhook trailer push thru the store load it up go to the till place every thing on belt push trailer ahead after paying out to the bike hook up and head home that is why i prefer the high mounted draw bar

Latest posts

Back