Bike Tubing?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to find some tubing to build a custom burrito out of but the only thing I can find is some strong thinwall steel only comes in small sections. Anyone have any reccomendations for something strong but as light as possible...and the cheaper the better...and where I can get it? THANKS

I have worked with EMT conduit. Easily accessible, cheap, easy to work with. Just gotta be careful because some is galvanized (zinc plated) and can give off some nasty fumes. Runs from $5 to $20 per 10' stick depending on size. Avalible at Home Depot, Lowes, or your local electrical supply.

k...cause its not somthing im going to be riding all over the place but would be nice to be able to not worry about going on a longer ride and having it break or bend on me. I was checking some prices on 1020 tubing online and it wasn't too bad at around $30 for 10' but then shipping was outrageous so I might try to find a supplier around here.

If there are any race car builders in your area they should be able sell you some chromemoly tubing,super light weight & super strong,just a little bit pricey,but worth it.

I could get some scrap bike frames but id rather have two slid pipes for the top and bottom instead of 4 pieces welded together...I think even using conduit would be stronger than a bunch of pieces welded together with my beginner welding skills.

Latest posts

Back