Bikes At Wichita Starbird Show (Photos & Video Added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bikes At Wichita Starbird Show

I keep forgetting my Folk's bikes... probably because they are over in my Mom's garage and not mine!

Flyer? do I have a Flyer? old age really bites :oops:

Hmmm, I might give it a shot. lemme think about it a bit. I think we have to come up with our own rope and stanchions... that wont be cheap.

65rat said:
I talked to Devlin at Tom Sawyer tonight. Sounds like a pretty cool deal 8)

Reminds me I think Alan is sponsoring the bike portion.

I don't know if I'll be able to get anything entered or not. I hope there is a decent showing of bikes though.

If I understand right it's $20 for 4 bikes and that gets you in all weekend. Sounds pretty good.

Mitch you BBQ bike/trailer always an attention getter.

aka_locojoe said:
65rat said:
I talked to Devlin at Tom Sawyer tonight. Sounds like a pretty cool deal 8)

Reminds me I think Alan is sponsoring the bike portion.

I don't know if I'll be able to get anything entered or not. I hope there is a decent showing of bikes though.

If I understand right it's $20 for 4 bikes and that gets you in all weekend. Sounds pretty good.

Mitch you BBQ bike/trailer always an attention getter.
Yes Alan is sponsoring and it is $20 for up to 4 bikes

Ok after thinking about it a bit... I think Ill give it a go.

When I was a teenager... many many moons ago, I used to build model cars, I decided to enter a few at the Starbird show, and ended up winning a trophy.

As a young adult I was into VW's and I built up a nice 67 Cal Look sedan, I decided to enter it into the Starbird show, and ended up winning a trophy.

So this is my shot at a Trifecta. 8)

But its not like it matters, my wife chucked my trophies in the trash when I wasnt looking :roll:

Too bad it was such short notice but I hope it works out. I'm trying to get the word out.
I don't think I'll be entering anything but I'm excited others are. I'll probably check out the show if the bikes are there (taking photos).

I updated Coasters site to show Alan as sponsor.

All of ya have show worthy bikes.
Trifecta would be cool Mitch.

Just finished filling out 3 of my 4 entry forms, Spitfire, BSA tandem, and Colson Rat. The last one will have to wait to see if the Rollfast can be expedited. If not then I will pick one of the others from the stable.

Think I'll take our 33 Rollfast, 57 Evans/Colson and 56 Schwinn. Got some PVC stuff to make stanchions, need to figure out how to add weight to base.

aka_locojoe said:
I e-mailed Devlin asking how important having stanchions was but I haven't heard back.

Let us know what you hear. I got some ideas and about 25' of chain on the Long Hauler. Just don't know if I will have enough time with the upcoming move.

Yesterday i hauled home 75# of scrap metal so I can make my own stands, also gonna use bike chain for the "rope"

Ill post a few pics when its all stuck together.

Hopefully send off the entry form today.

Looks like Ill be bringing my Folk's bikes, and the KFC cruiser. I would also bring the Indian... but its not quite ready since I found it has a garage rash, plus with what Im bringing... that would just mean one more trip since I cant haul it all in one shot.

I need a double decker bicycle transport like UCB 8)

Ok here's what Devlin had to say about stanchions...

IT IS TOTALLY UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL. ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT TO NOT EXPECT THE SHOW TO PUT UP ANY BARRIERS AROUND THE BIKES AS IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BIKE OWNERS. THIS IS NO DIFFERENT THAN HOW WE HANDLE THE CAR OWNERS. IF THEY DON'T WANT TO PUT UP STANCHIONS OR BARRIERS, IT IS THEIR CHOICE BUT KNOW THE SHOW IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE.

Probably is a good idea though if not to difficult or costly. We all have seen how the kids like to interact with the bikes. If no stanchions I'd make sure the bike is really stable or someone is there to watch it.

stanchions, PVC pipe and chain link fence hardware.
5e260a07.jpg

Latest posts

Back