Bikes Direct Motobecana Trail Elite.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Trail Elite from Bikes Direct. I don't know whether to post it here or post it in Mountain Bikes. Since it is mostly a light trail bike. What I wanted was a bike with disc brakes and that was cheap. Well what I got was something that I am very happy with. A lot times I hear people bad mouth these bikes. So far I really can't find anything to complain about. The bike worked with a few minor adjustments. The bike has an aluminum 6061 frame and sram x4 derailuers and has tekro novela disc brakes. Everything works, and I'm happy with it.

Now I'm going to mess with it and see what happens.

Last edited:
Looks like a nice bike.....at a good price. I bought a BD mountain bike and it had a few minor issues. It was fine , I just was not fan of the geometry.

I tried to follow the directions on how to post a photo that Rolling with Lord posted and then with what apple said and still I can't post a photo. It is driving me beyond my patient levels for now. No I'm not going to quit the forum. It just madding at this point. What really suprized me was that I did post a photo in the build section just that I can't now. I don't recall what I did....

Yeah those were the directions that I used. I guess I have to use the library Internet connection. Perhaps my down load spds at home at this time are much too slow. I tried to get the code before the page was fully loaded which I think is key to my headaches. Perhaps being stressed before a job interview was a factor too.

IMG_0850_zpssfpsx6hs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Lets see if this works

Several years ago I bought a Bikes Direct Motobecane road bike on sale for $360. It has an alloy frame and carbon fork. It is all I really need but it is not as nice riding as my 1983 Trek Road Bike, which was stolen in 2001. I am a stronger rider than my wife so I lead, until there is a big hill. I stand and she passes me sitting down on her full carbon road bike. Their is no substitution for a quality wheel set and tires, you just can't keep up. For the money the Bikes Direct is way above a department store bike but not up to what you get from your LBS.

Had the bike for a little bit more then year! It has a little more then 3000 miles on it. No problems with it. Was going to ride along the west coast of Michigan but it didn't work out, not the fault of the bike. I mounted a toepeak rear rack on it and have been happy with it. I have a friend that have the same bike had issues with it. But once figured out his bike was good too!

Latest posts

Back