Bikes I Picked up today, can't make them out

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are a few photos of two of the bikes I picked up today, just having trouble figuring out what models they are.

In the 3rd photo on this hook at the rear wheel has the # 20x6 38554 I think the last digit is a 4, sadly the rear of the bike has been ran over, going to try to straighten it, can tell it had a tank at one time, red bike in the backgroud was a third bike I picked up with these.

2nd bike I have looked every where and just can't find any markings, does have New Departure Brake, 3's may be covered over in old paint. Is a skip tooth bike.

Thanks Goys, :) I'll start with those and do some research, anyone think the first one is worth saving, going to take some work to straighten the rear of the frame.

After googling those leads on the second bike I found a Peerless almost dead on and matching handle bar, sprockets a little different, my bikes missing nose plate has holes to the side like a Peerless would have.

That Snyder should have the year stamped in reverse on the BB , so "94 EH" would be a 49. No one's really sure what the two letters stand for. That chainguard is from something else, and the chainring is a mystery, never seen anything like it on anything besides some 60s-70s huffys, which of course weren't skip tooth. -Adam

Well I may strip down the paint, not sure yet if I want to but if I do I may find some painted over #'s, I've since found two more old bikes, one I know is a Schwinn with a high goose neck for the handle bar, others just a rusty frame and very wide rear fender, may make a interesting future build.

Latest posts

Back