Bikes of Cuba!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a few pictures of creative uses for bikes by Cuban folks that were sent to me and gathered by myself. I was born in Cuba, but left in 1970 when I was just 2 1/2 years old. I like to keep tabs on my heritage and some of the things Cubans do to get by are astounding! When you don't have much, you make what you have work!

One rider on a bike? Not in Cuba!
Cuba-Bikes-4_zps6b9e2a1e.jpg

This one is decorated with old esspreso cans.
dsc063271_zps182feb4b.jpg

There are no rules in Cuba about livestock hitching a ride with ya!
wowcuba-1348526416_600_zpsfa9d80d0.jpg

Got a pig pickin? No problem! I'll bring the pig!
pig-bike_zpsbd742980.jpg

High rider
cuba-bike_2240708b_zpsd91bc1ad.jpg

Pick up truck
cake_zpsf80f4223.jpg

Taxi
8626473db311a8e560_zps7ca5e9f1.jpg

Re: Bike of Cuba!

I saw a tv show once about how the old cars are cobbled together to keep running - fascinating.

Love the Cafe Bustelo bike...I drink that expresso everyday. :D

DIABLO67 said:
This one is decorated with old esspreso cans.
dsc063271_zps182feb4b.jpg

That’s great coffee – highly recommended! :)

As a result of the continuing embargo, Cuba has become in many ways, a “Time Capsule”.

Redd said:
Love that '55 Olds! 8)
+1 8)

Yeah, you can't beat Bustelo! I try to learn as much about Cuba as I can, being sort of an enigma for me since all I have are so few memories. The embargo does nothing to the Cuban government. It only hurts the people. It's hard for us to send clothes and money to our family there, yet the government thrives by promoting the island to Canadian tourists. Here's a little fact that most don't know. Every time you eat a candy bar, you're eating Cuban sugar most likely. Sugar prices in the states have soared, and we get most of our supply from Canada. Guess where they get it from?
There's a Canadian company that offers a bike trip in Cuba which takes you across the island in a week. I would love to do it, but I can't leave the tour to visit family, nor are you really allowed to interact with people unless the gov. official with the trip is there to monitor the conversation. Maybe some day when Cuba is free and if I still have the strength to ride I may do it.

Roly...

Latest posts

Back