Bikes with Hot Rods

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20201018_100310.jpg

Buddy o mine has a GL1000. He stripped it naked, inverted forks, dual disks, etc, the thing RIPS!! Here in Canada, we ain't used to MPH, which his speedometer is. I twisted the throttle, thought to myself, "Jeez, this thing is pretty solid, can't even tell I'm doing 100km/h."
Meanwhile, a few minutes later he catches up to me, cuz he's riding my Rebel, and informs me that I was actually doing 160 km/h. In a 70 zone. On a learner's permit. Hee hee I miss motorcycles.

battle4.jpg

I have a similar crazy story from the late 60's. My cousin took me for a ride to the local country store on his older brothers awesome Triumph 650 (we had permission.)
I was pretty terrified as we seemed to be going stupid fast. When we got back to the farm his brother asked how fast we were going as we were back pretty quick. My cousin said he kept it under 60, and pointed to right gauge. His brother then informed him he was looking at the tach and in top gear we were going over 100 mph!

Is that your car @kingfish254 ?

I WISH!!!!!
No. It was at a detail shop that we had taken my wife's car to just before I was finishing SaltHammer. I got the contact info from the shop and the Cobra owner and I met up at Fort Pulaski for a fun photoshoot.

Latest posts

Back