Biopace chainring on Mongoose Dolomite

Discussion in 'FAT BIKES' started by jayblok, Sep 14, 2019.

1. jayblok

jayblok

Well I finally got around to trying out one the biopace (oval) chainrings that i found (in this thread > http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-first-ever-biopace-oval-chainrings.109389/ ) on one of my mongoose dolomite's that are collecting dust in the storage unit behind my garage .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The results was that this biopace chainring didn't really make a difference for me,especially when my daily driver has a 65T schwinn chainring and is crank forward . I had to get used to the normal sitting over the crank position also. I felt like i was over spinning when trying to go faster and this dolomite is so heavy,ugh. All in all,I will stick to my daily driver and put the oval chainrings on mountain bikes i'm restoring and flipping .:113:

This is my daily driver :rockout:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grant, toro1978 and RustyGold like this.
  2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6

Biopace works well for "mashers". They like to spin the pedals much slower than the common 80 rpm rate.

Grant likes this.
  3. toro1978

toro1978

I am one of those "mashers" :D
    "I had to get used to the normal sitting over the crank position also." - it feels so weird at first!
    That daily fattie is so cool!

Grant and jayblok like this.
  4. wheelbender6

wheelbender6

Fat tire bikes like the Dolomite work great in the sand, despite their heft. I have not had an opportunity to try it in the snow.

Grant likes this.