bit the bullet. . .kind of

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
basis.jpg

this is my drawing/mock up of a motored bike i am going to build. so far i have most of the big parts
-relaced Elgin wheelset with newer hubs and spokes
-clinton side shaft engine (needs a little work but i have it unfrozen and mostly rebuilt)
-two donor frames (instead of curved rear forks theyre straight)
-dropped bars and stem
- two sets of tires, still probably going to change to a thick brick or something wider
- and a NOS glass bowl gas filter
heck i have half the bike!
now heres where im sort of one the fence, i could either keep a normal fork with a beefy truss rod as i did in the picture up above, orrrrr go to a triple tree fork i have.
the triple tree will be very short , wrapped in friction tape, with the handles on the forks themselves.
so which do you think would look better on a bike like this? triples or normal. maybe triple with truss rods? i just need some opinions and a third party haha
thanks!

dont go with triple trees...they look okay...but they arent authentic to that style of bike(its really not that hard to make forks that will look correct and hold up to a motor shaking them around)...just my thoughts though...it is your bike so what i typed really doesnt matter :wink:
looking forward too seeing the build thread!

010.jpg

well this kind of settled it for me, cant really say where i got them from :roll: but they were free. one side has good suspension the other is. . .well its not there. not sure whether i will keep the suspension or cut them out and make it ridgid. not sure exacly what this is off of. but my uncle said it is probably earlier than i think

Latest posts

Back