Black Beauty(Schwinn Breeze)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my very first build on this forum. I have many BMX builds under my belt(almost 50 a year). But this is special this is the story of Black Beauty. My wife's first bike sense childhood, and her very first vintage bike. I have to thank my good friend Bob from Wisconsin for donating this bike into our family. it was going to be his wife's until he found something a bit more interesting. It took me 3 months to get this bike in hand from time Bob said it's yours. It first came down to Rockford, IL by way of a buddy Caleb(pscustoms) then I made the trek up to bring it home. After sitting a month or so. Me and another Wisconsin friend decided to tackle some bikes I owned that needed and overhauling. My wife's was one of them.

Pics of the Rockford pick-up...

BB68.jpg

When she got home...

BB68-1.jpg

These next pics are a series of before and afters of the complete overhauling process.

The Break Down:

BB86.jpg

BB68-2.jpg

BB68-3.jpg

BB68-27.jpg

BB68-4.jpg

BB68-5.jpg

BB68-6.jpg

BB68-7.jpg

BB68-24.jpg

BB68-16.jpg

BB68-12.jpg

BB68-10.jpg

BB68-11.jpg

BB68-15.jpg

BB68-14.jpg

BB68-13.jpg

The Clean Up:

BB68-22.jpg

BB68-21.jpg

BB68-20.jpg

BB68-19.jpg

BB68-17.jpg

BB68-8.jpg

BB68-9.jpg

BB68-25.jpg

BB68-26.jpg

All done...just need to clean pedals, and reattach chain guard

Picture081.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Picture078.jpg

Picture086.jpg

Thanks for looking.... I will post picture when I make last adjustments, and I will post Serial Number also to get a confirmed year on this build

Super nice clean-up! :D

Should roll for another 50 years!

ndaway said:
That looks awesome. I hate to point out stuff but it might save you some future embarrassment to know that the front fender is on backwards...but like I said awesome build :D

LOLOLOL...thanks for the correction. I take no offense in learning. As I stated I'm a green horn(no shame). I lurk around this site watching the masters at play. Will make the correction when I put the chain guard on later today.

Thanks, Earl

Latest posts

Back