Black Panther

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I painted my Toyota mini truck a similar color in high school. The color was called Porche Raspberry.

stretch said:
i am far from colorblind, and that isnt exactly pink, your right, but its pretty close to being on the edge of pink. :D

Edge of pink? I think I'll strip the thing and paint it teal. Gary

repaint ???? why ???? definately looks great as is !!! plus i asked my wife and she said its not pink its purple, and what she says goes :mrgreen:

That's the best looking black and lavender bike I've ever seen!. It's actually one of the BEST (any) bike I've seen.

Well thanks for the flowers guys. CCR, tell your wife she's a dear. :wink: I worked hard on it but I just can't live with a "pink" bike...even though it's not quite. I'm going to go and shop for paint this weekend. Guess I'm just homophobic. :shock: Gary

Come on..
B607 said:
Well thanks for the flowers guys. CCR, tell your wife she's a dear. :wink: I worked hard on it but I just can't live with a "pink" bike...even though it's not quite. I'm going to go and shop for paint this weekend. Guess I'm just homophobic. :shock: Gary

Really? The thing is beautiful ... . I mean if you don't like it by all means paint it but if you do like it dont let someone opinion about it being "almost" a color you don't like influence your decision..

I dont get it.... Do you think having a "almost" pink bike ( I dont agree by the way, Purple is purple.. Thats like saying brown is almost black... ok.. yeah but its brown) All of a sudden tinker bell boi's will chase you down the street wanting a smooch? The bike is beautiful man.... I like it.. Id ride it.... and Id be dang proud....

MonsterMetal said:
Come on..
B607 said:

Really? The thing is beautiful ... . I mean if you don't like it by all means paint it but if you do like it dont let someone opinion about it being "almost" a color you don't like influence your decision..

I dont get it.... Do you think having a "almost" pink bike ( I dont agree by the way, Purple is purple.. Thats like saying brown is almost black... ok.. yeah but its brown) All of a sudden tinker bell boi's will chase you down the street wanting a smooch? The bike is beautiful man.... I like it.. Id ride it.... and Id be dang proud....

No, he's not influencing me. I knew when I painted it that it had that sorta kinda pinkish look. The cap on the paint can was darker than the finished color. Stretch and CCR were just pointing out the obvious, no bad on them. It's just a frame, guard and fork. Not that big of a deal repainting. I've painted a bunch of them. The hard part was getting the parts together and fitting/repairing stuff.

Now tell me Larry, you've never welded up a big gate and got it finished then stood back and looked at it and said, "It just ain't right." And then you got your torch out and did it over. I went to your website and saw your work and I'd bet your that kind of artist/craftsman. I know I am. My wife is like CCR's wife. (the boss!) and already protested when I told her I was going to do it over. Uh-oh. :shock: I'll have to think about it. :?:

That seat post you sent is heavy duty, by the way. Love it. You do really nice metal work, no doubt. Gary in Illinois

Mmmm..... Funny you should put it that way..... I am working on a set of gates now that happened much like that.

And yeah.... If you dont like it.. then I wouldn't live with it either... Its the difference between getting a warm fuzzy feeling every time you hop on... or leaving it in the corner because your just not happy with it..

your bike looks just fine big boy.xoxoxo Just messin with ya man i think your bike would look good in any color really diggin the hubs both front and back.

yeah i know i said it looks kinda pink, although it is more purple, i would leave it, the paint looks great!! honestly i would leave it, because you dont know how the second time is going to turn out, and you might end up being like, "man i wish i woulda left it the way it was." honestly i really like it. its one of the coolest tankers ive seen yet. 8)

This is one gorgeous bike!!!!
Thanks for the input on the Nexus 7.

awesome build,this shows you what a real passionate builder can do,detail is awesome,its not my style of bike but i would have it sitting in the lounge with my lowriders if i owned it,top job sir

Latest posts

Back