Black & Wild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is what I will be starting with: I'm not sure of the make but it was 10 bux so i figured for this build I can't go wrong.
junk.jpg

Re: Black & Mild

I will be gutting this bike for some parts.... good bye lightweight....
untitled.jpg

Took a little off the post
grind001.jpg

Cleaning up nasty re-weld from last owner?
grind002.jpg

grind003.jpg

Someone re-badged this bad boy... I think I will just leave it
grind004.jpg

Test fitting seat that I think I will use
grind005.jpg

Removed cover to get ready to weld pan to frame
grind006.jpg

I love these rubber pads... It allows me to weld pan to frame... paint, then put pad back on
grind007.jpg

id put the wheel on before you wled that seat just to be sure it still fits. :wink: i got a frame with that idea for free cuz a 20" barely fit.

Thank you for the advice, as in vehicles I always mock things up before making them permanent. Measure twice cut once. My tire will be very close to the edge of the pan with the cover on... With me sitting on it, it will just have enough clearance to not rub the tire. That's with a 26" and balloon tire. Now... I cannot wear a long shirt or it will rub and get sucked between seat and tire. It is hard to see where I am going with this as I am used to the more traditional and restored bikes, so bear with me as this is me trying to think outside the box for once.

Here is day two mock up. Thinks will change drastically as soon as I locate a springer fork and when I get my rear wheel and tire. With the rake of the springer set right it will allow for the seat to be more level... and the rear wheel and tire will not be as close to the seat as this.
001.jpg

xddorox said:
garagegoon said:
Gusset or tag bracket... I can't decide yet....
gusset001.jpg
I suspect that you are not who you say you are. I believe that you are Paul Teutul Jr ! Just kidding of course :mrgreen:
I don't know how to take that.... Good or bad?

and to get the seat more level, heres what i say you do. cut out the rivets that hold the frame to the springs and pan, and weld nuts to the seat stay and in the seat tube so you can bolt it on. :wink:

no problem. im proud of myself, i just thought of that on the spot. ill have to remember my own idea to try it sometime.

garagegoon said:
xddorox said:
I suspect that you are not who you say you are. I believe that you are Paul Teutul Jr ! Just kidding of course :mrgreen:
I don't know how to take that.... Good or bad?
Just a lame joke. Paul Jr was known for making a lot of spider webbed bikes. No offence intended...even if you are Jr. :)

The placement of seat.... I decided that I might want to put a toolbag behind the seat. My 6 year old daughter having fun with purple spray paint before painting her car......
001-1.jpg

003.jpg

Seat pad after removal of white.... I think we can expect to see alot of red pinstriping to set off the red in the seat.
002.jpg

Gold Street Customs said:
That barebones seat in the Chevy looks a little uncomfortable :shock: Do the projects ever end?

Actually its not bad... I have a leather pillow I sit on to keep from feeling molested by the springs.... I had buckets in it but recently found a bench seat... I am getting ready to have it covered as soon as time and money allows. No... The projects never end. I am going to take a break from the build to work on siding the house and getting my 240Z running again....

wow i really like what he did with it...gunna be hard to top that :wink:
is that the seat Cameron had for sale... :?:

Latest posts

Back