BlackJacked ~~ Done Jack!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BlackJacked ~~ Back in the Black!

Thanks Skip! I still have to cut a some off the fork tube, it's one of those repops that comes with a long tube. The bars will be coated black chrome also. Thanks for lookin guys!

pick said:
Finally a little more progress. Got the back wheel finished, took my seat apart & coated the spring/frame assy. black chrome. Coated the stem. Did another mock up. Not sure I'm sold on the bars & I may or may not use this seat. Still need to strip forks & coat matte black, it's satin now. Any suggestions/ideas are welcomed!

Today's mock up:
39colson002_zps90f29413.jpg

Whoa Pick that's SWEET!! I gotta check in more often...
I like the narrowness of your sprung seat 8)
Can't wait to see what's next

Thanks Cameron & Randy! I will have to cut at least an inch or more off the steerer tube & I want to keep the bars as low as possible. I was thinking black chrome on the bars. Not sure if I will flip them or not yet. That set of bars came from the free pile at the Midwest Bicycle Swap Meet! :) Gotta love free stuff especially when it's cool.

I am digging this look!! 8) That black chrome is like magic! :mrgreen:

Even if you did call my Dad, I would have nothing to work on :lol: Hopefully after this year of rest, I'll be able to build something out of this world! :lol:

Got the bars & crank coated black chrome today. The bars on the top are chrome (& rust) for comparison. The grip is just there to help me decide what color grips I will use.

axsepul said:
looking good man

Thanks buddy! That awesome headbadge will be the last thing to go on it. Don't want to scratch it up anymore than I already have from just taking it out & looking at it! :lol: :lol:

PS: Save my artwork, I will need more in the future. Thanks for lookin!

Are those the grips that ifitsfreeitsme is selling?

kingfish254 said:
Are those the grips that ifitsfreeitsme is selling?

YEP! They are long & very beefy! Very well made. I'm not sure if I am using them on this build or not yet.

How did i miss my doppelganger's build this long? I guess i have been cruising the traditional build forum too long! We are using similar frames too, i'm rocking a 38 Huffman (that's what i bought it as, no good reason not to trust the seller)this is it so far>

Untitled by sabbparrish, on Flickr
and Ax is doing my badge as well. Liking the bike so far, especially those black chrome bits. I hope one day i have a powder coating set up, then i shall rule the world... mmmuahaha! (evil laugh). It will feel that way at least!

Brent: You are right, very similar frames. I really like what you have done with yours. 8) Thanks for lookin! Hope to have some progress made, but my son is getting married this coming weekend & I'm not sure how much time I will have to play with my toys. :lol:

Thanks Cody! Last night I stripped the gloss black powder coat off the black pieces of the fork. Took a full hour. That gives you an idea how durable this stuff is. If it was just painted it would have taken 10 minutes. I didn't take a pic because it looks just like it did before only matte black instead of gloss. Also just got my "killer bomb proof seat post" I had slowriderz make for me (Thanks Chad!). Since it's been so long since I last posted here is the most recent pic before the forks were redone & this is not the new seat post.

Assembly has begun. All parts are coated, now I just need to find some rear axle nuts that fit & I'm set. Pics to come in the next few days.

Latest posts

Back