Blackout... brighter pics. added... guess I made a hotrod and got mooned again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems like this bike just doesn't want to be built I am WAY behind........ one problem after another after waiting for the 3 speed hub brought to LBS to get laced and rear rim is bent :mad: had them lace it anyways as I need to start kickin azz on this thing this weekend getting the frame hacked up and welded up and I need the rear rim to do it though with this particular hub modified, will get a replacement rim soon hopefully but its crunch time as everything else hinges on frame getting done for fenders ect. where they will sit and on and on.
I went big front sprocket last year not so much this year:39:

You have over a month left. You'll get it done. I look at my build and feel the same way, but in reality all I need is a few days.

You have over a month left. You'll get it done. I look at my build and feel the same way, but in reality all I need is a few days.

Thanks. I need way more than a few days but am determined to get it done. I spent a couple hours today on the rear hub and finally figured it out (and what I was doing wrong mocking it up) need to get a oil bronze bushing piece machined and it will be good to go I hope (fingers crossed) Friday will be a frame jig day and start cutting and replacing the BB and lower rear stays so hopefully more pix this weekend and what I am up to.
Only had one guess so far what I am up to for a motor but have done that already on a bike, and was able to scratch off the huge sprocket also as I did that last year with Bare Bonnie(ville) on my to do list for building is electric conversion and a dual drive and few others :39:. electric and dual drive are already being done in the buildoff and are super cool so I decided to torture myself with something different yet on my list.

Last edited:
Could bolt on an engine and add a front hub motor to make a gas/electric hybrid.

UH OH!

well its going to come out this weekend anyways making more stuff and posting so......... this is the next I can scratch off my to do list of different pedal drives, this shaft drive is so close to not working with the big tire but determined to make it work one way or another will make some new lower stays couple machined parts and hope it all works in the end :39: guess I will find out.

Last edited:
Haha, love the clue.
Z0Fbxoll.jpg

cgP4SiYl.jpg

This keeps getting better and better!

WOW!!! That is gonna be amazingly cool!!!!!

'Who's the Blackout bike with no chain rings in his drive? (Shaft)
(Dam right)'

started to bend up some tubing for rear, everything is long and wider just getting things cut/bent to start getting a general idea where its heading need to cut out some new dropouts also, once done lower stays and shaft (along with fender braces at some point) will be running parallel to the frame below tank for clean flowing lines.

WORK OF ART!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Oh so close barely a 1/16 but I am going with it. My original plan was to lengthen the shaft to get more room but it turned out the shaft is splined and not keyed in the gears so that was not a option, may rub once in a while?? guess I will see. smaller tires would help but not a option on this bike!

got the bottom of frame notched up had to take about 3/8 inch off to get everything parallel, tire is true to the frame and the world and got the rest of the original dropout brackets removed so BB is ready to be tacked so next start dropout brackets and fit lower stays

Latest posts

Back