Blackout... brighter pics. added... guess I made a hotrod and got mooned again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
devils in the detail

Have a kool part headed this way from the UK I hope...never bought anything from across the pond going to take quite awhile to get here then may need some modification hope I have time to make it work
Oh that's awesome!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lens came from Moon Equipment they have some cool ones will be my taillight.
part from UK comes in end of the month looks like, it will require some frame mods. so going to work on what I can until it shows and then hope it actually works out or on to plan B, is from a ebay seller but answered my questions promptly so feel it will show up just hope its condition is what was shown.

The front end on that thing is just beautiful !!, and I love the fenders.

did just a quick slap together mockup to get a feel where I will head on this, know the tail dragger fenders have been done before :rolleyes: but have been wanting to do with deep fenders with this fork or maybe full wrap don't know yet.... may be to much :39:

LOVE the draggers, especially the 1st picture

Thanks all... now to search for the right headlight thinkin I may have something in my stash don't remember what's on the bottom or in the back anymore on the shelf or what's in the shed in a cabinet (yes I am a light hoarder:D)

Dang its hard to find cool tires I got these 26x2.5 hookworms in not sure if they will grow on me or not:39: knew this build needed wider than the 2.125 and these seem to be a tad taller also to fill the fenders, for now guess they will do unless I find something else better seems everything I found has a more mountain bike type tread which doesn't go with this build

I'm not sure what pattern you want, but I got these from my LBS. It's more of a street tread.
b5feaca645f6f0d9206ae34786fedc3b.jpg

I do love the Maxxis Hookworms, may not be the ideal tread for a vintage cruiser, but they are a great tire for skatepark street and DJ use, which you probably arent doing with this ride... I do agree a large volume tire to fill those fenders is needed.

keep the rubber side down!

Loved your fenders last year and can't wait to see these deep babies come together.
I agree that hookworms may not be a good fit for the build. How about some BOA-G tires? They are fat, but I think they will fit under those fenders and with that frame.
That fork is gonna be amazing.

Loved your fenders last year and can't wait to see these deep babies come together.
I agree that hookworms may not be a good fit for the build. How about some BOA-G tires? They are fat, but I think they will fit under those fenders and with that frame.
That fork is gonna be amazing.

Thanks Kingfish I am going to look into those, as the tread design on the hookworms just really don't go with this bike design.
Anyone have a set of BOA-G tires mounted on stock width rims they could measure tire width for me?

Thanks Kingfish I am going to look into those, as the tread design on the hookworms just really don't go with this bike design.
Anyone have a set of BOA-G tires mounted on stock width rims they could measure tire width for me?
Take a look at these. Just picked them up from my LBS, they come from jbi.bike which is a nationwide wholesaler with regional distribution centers. Sunlite Sandy Beach 26 x 2.5. All black, no logos. Lightweight, and they have a real nice ride and plump up nicely on my dropcenter rims. Also, only $19.99 ea.
hawthorne4.jpg

hawthorne3.jpg

Though cheap, those Sunlites are pretty sweet looking for a larger volume tire, going to have to see if they stock them at the Denver JBI warehouse!

Edit: Just checked and it seems they have them at almost every warehouse, so anyone could have these in their hands within a week, depending on when their LBS places their orders.

keep the rubber side down!

Last edited:
Thanks for options I ordered up a set BOA-G's after researching them I want the biggest tire I can fit on this build as tire size/tread to me makes or breaks the look of a build (stuck with me from my car/rod building days) and this thing with the deep fenders and big fork needs the fenders stuffed, if they happen to not fit will use them on one of my other bikes and go for plan B and the part I ordered from the UK that said delivery May 31 just got a tracking update its in NJ already :thumbsup:also been messing with the fenders and mocking up mounting brackets may throw that out this week, tomorrow is a sand blasting day though to get everything cleaned up.

Latest posts

Back