Blu - Gal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't get that Aerosmith song ,out of my head " Dude looks like a
lady " I guess every project worth doing , has got to look tore up before it starts to look good . Needed to get this thing off my bike stand .
Now I need to contemplate , what would be the best way to spread the rear stays about a inch , to fit around the rear axle pumpkin
Need to figure out the 24" wheel's issue also
dude.jpg
?

The Higgins crank set cleaned up nice , using karascene and scotch brite pad . The sprocket chrome doesn't appear to be ever polished , but had a thin layer of black sticky stuff on it ? There was no rust whatsoever on it ?View attachment 94393

Whoa. That came out great!

Can't get that Aerosmith song ,out of my head " Dude looks like a
lady "

You just had to do it... "Yeah, Yeah, dude looks like a lady..." :rofl:

Love the way where this is going.
Now I need to contemplate , what would be the best way to spread the rear stays about a inch , to fit around the rear axle pumpkin

Call me a brutal, barbaric slav, but I use raw muscle power to do it:showingbiceps:

Yard work day and playing bike on breaks . Mid 80's today and 80 percent humidity = lots of breaks . Getting the rear mocked up using the Schwinn BMX that I can't give away , so I'll Just hang it in the barn . Looks like the trike was made for 26'' wheels ,
not 24 " like I was guessing. That's good news , because I have 26" parts .
playing 1.jpg

Playing bike's , has been put on the back burner for awhile now . My father in law who has been living with us for awhile now has passed . Just now getting back in the swing of things .
I will be using these peaked fenders because I will gain a inch in width for bigger tires and they will fit the existing fender braces pretty good . Need to trim the rear fender to match the front then take care of some holes and dents .
fender peak.jpg

I'm sure I will not be breaking any speed records on 100 lb trike.
I will know more when I tear into the rear axle ? Maybe I can use
the Fred Flintstones:eek: method and use the heel's of my feet ?

Had a trike last month for service. It had a 3 speed Nexus, and still it was not a super-sports bike, but actually the front V-Brake on it was kinda useless, cause of the big weight of this whole setup. The one that I worked on weight about 30kg (about 60 pounds), and the rear coaster brake, even tought it operated on only one wheel, was far better than the front V-Brake, even when I shortened the line so much, that the wheel barely spin between the pads.

Had a trike last month for service. It had a 3 speed Nexus, and still it was not a super-sports bike, but actually the front V-Brake on it was kinda useless, cause of the big weight of this whole setup. The one that I worked on weight about 30kg (about 60 pounds), and the rear coaster brake, even tought it operated on only one wheel, was far better than the front V-Brake, even when I shortened the line so much, that the wheel barely spin between the pads.

index.php
I looked every where on the rear axle and the fenders and supports . I just don't see any signs of a existing rear break .
Any ideas how I might be able to add one ? The original trike was made by Skyway and I don't think they included one . Not all Schwinn town and country trikes had them ?

Does that hub inside there have a coaster brake? You can always try and adapt a disc brake on the axle

Latest posts

Back