Blue '75 Fastback

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not much of a build, but I've had it for years and its gone through a few changes, plus I was clever enough to take pictures along the way.

I found it probably 15 years ago at an automotive swap meet in St. Paul for $75. I was awe struck at coming across a Fastback, even if I did doubt the guy's claim that it was a real 5-speed model.
Here it was, floral seat, coaster rear wheel, purple grips and too-long of a chain.

Here it got a nice blue seat and blue grips, which is all the farther it got. For over a decade. I didn't like riding it, and hated the way the rear fender followed the tire.

This year, I took it down from the hooks and made a list of what I didn't like about riding it. I tweaked the rear fender (spacer on the bottom and un-did the middle bracket) to make it fit properly, and changed out the 20" cranks for 24", put on a better rear tire and what do ya know, its awesome!

Looking at this small spot of nice paint on the top tube, does this look like it had a stik-shifter?

A friend came through with a 5-speed Stingray chain guard, which I think is cool except it doesn't follow the 46t sprocket at all. I need to find the one it came with and put that back.

Nice RAT Ray !!:cool2:

Latest posts

Back