BLUE SPRINGS, MO BICYCLE SWAP MEET 6/8/2013

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, mark your calendar! June 8th, Blue Springs, MO

I'll come back tomorrow with a flyer and throughout the weeks to come with additional information and pictures from last year... Go on, mark your calendar before you forget.

Clark

Update 5/1/2013
Here's the official announcement:

I am proud to announce… “We will be hosting our 2nd Little Blue River Bike Swap Meet.” WOOT! The swap will be held in conjunction with the Blue Springs Arts Council and their 4th Annual, Little Blue River Art Fest!

When: June 8th, 2013
Where: White Oak Plaza, Blue Springs, MO at the intersection of 7 Hwy & 40 Hwy (1 block South)
Time: 6:30 AM

We don’t have a website or Facebook page currently for the swap meet… we’re working on it. However, you can check out the Blue Springs Arts Council at http://www.bluespringsartscouncil.com & White Oak Plaza at http://www.whiteoakplaza.com both for links and info.

Send Clark (aka sleeper sedan) and John (aka jjmunster) an e-mail at [email protected], we are happy to answer any [and all] questions regarding the event, logistics, directions, lodging, restaurants, etc. Pre-register today for free! We have plenty of activities planned for BOTH old and young at heart. See the attached flyer (below) for additional details!

Please come out and support the bicycle AND the art community, even if it’s just to say, “Hello”.

Clark

Re: BLUE SPRINGS, MO SWAP MEET!!!

Hay Clark, This is a great to warm up swap for the EL TORREON Bicycle swapmeet. More to come on that later.

Re: BLUE SPRINGS, MO SWAP MEET!!!

Okay... Everyone on board? Seat belts fastened? Ready? Here we go. "Please keep your hands in during the ride at all times!"

Here's the swap meet John (aka jjmunster) and I are putting on, it's our 2nd Annual. Last year we had 28 vendors, excellent weather, a large volume of bicycles and we hope to exceed 2012 expectations by a fair percentage.

We've also been talking with a large Vespa/Cushman group regarding them being part of our 2-wheeled madness for the day... unfortunately, at this moment, it looks as though that will have to wait until next year. :( If you're interested in the motorized aspect let us know, we're looking for input/feedback and/or a level of interest. Lastly, I'm having some trouble posting the Art Festival flyer, but will hopefully be able to post that tomorrow.

If you have any questions, please feel free to drop us a line.

Clark

Swap Flyer 2013 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Re: BLUE SPRINGS, MO BICYCLE SWAP MEET!!!

:shock:
Here's what John and I took to the Haysville, KS swap meet a couple weeks back. We took fifty + bicycles and came home with half... Guess we sell to cheap, huh? That's a 20' trailer, extra wide (90"). Not to worry, we'll fill again as we're in purge mode and would love to find homes for all the bicycles. No, we are not getting out of the hobby because we struck it rich, we like the social aspect of it too much, we're just trying to manage our "collection" a little better! :lol: Makes the wife a little more agreeable these days too!

20130420_174008_resized by sleepersedan, on Flickr

This is just a small preview of what's to come the day of...

Clark

Thanks Clark!

OK, it's an art fair. These are a blast! The artists think the ratrod bikes are cool. The children of the folks attending the art fair think the ratrod bikes are cool. The yuppie scum looking to buy art for their McMansions think "who the heck are these smelly people with the rusty old bicycles?".

It's a win/win/win.

Seriously, anything Clark puts on is gonna be good.

Thanks Alan! I hope to see you and the wife there the day of...

Here's a video of last year's 2012 event http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC6OiLWbVJY, courtesy of RRB finest, 1954shadow and his trusty cellular phone. It's pretty late into the swap with many people packed up and gone for the day judging by the long shadows. You'll see me (red shirt), the wife, my twin girls, and John in the plaid shorts. Yeah, we're a couple of dorks.
:wink:

I've got an update [or two] come tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Clark

Here's the Blue Springs Arts Council website link for your convenience http://www.bluespringsartscouncil.com/ I've get a message in to them to get an itinerary for the bands playing. I hope to post it soon. There will be a variety of live music, all of it kid friendly and some of it specifically aimed towards the kids.

Clark

This is a pre-bike swap gathering... June 6th http://www.newbelgium.com/events/clips- ... ities.aspx It's a great time. If you would like to meet, drop me a line or we'll see you there with your favorite rat bike.

Clark

Edit:
Theis Park (across the street from the Nelson-Atkins Museum), Kansas City, MO
Thursday June 6th
7:00 PM

Well, here's a BIG ANOUNCEMENT... Like last year, the waitresses from a national restaurant chain, that happen to wear little orange shorts, will be stopping by the swap meet! The young ladies will be there for a short period of time to dole out chicken wing/drum samples along with coupons for dining-in. In addition, the restaurant was very gracious and has donated a couple of really nice door prizes to give away too. We will welcome them to our tent next to "check-in". If you blink, you'll miss them.... Well, you probably won't miss them, kinda hard too... I'm just saying. Ya know.

Clark

Ratfink1962 said:
Darn the bad luck... this swap happens right at the beginning of my one week vacation, bummer... :(

... a crafty gentleman would just happen to incorporate this event into his vacation travels. Of course I may be speaking of a "dead man walking" scenario too?

Clark

Clark,
Man thats tempting, but I leave the morning of the 7th... and I know if it includes New Belgium beer.... I wont be in any shape to drive!! lol

Good luck with the swap. If you decide to take on the Springfield Scooter swap, let us know. I had the opportunity to combine it with the Haysville swap, but since I dont have any hired help... I had to turn it down.

loudboys said:
Sleeper Sedan said:
This is a pre-bike swap gathering... June 6th http://www.newbelgium.com/events/clips- ... ities.aspx It's a great time. If you would like to meet, drop me a line or we'll see you there with your favorite rat bike.

Clark

Sounds cool; but the site doesn't give a time or location.

Well, darn. It looks as though their website (New Belgium) is not functioning quite right... at the moment.
Theis Park (across the street from the Nelson-Atkins Museum)
Thursday June 6th
7:00 PM

Clark

Ratfink1962 said:
Clark,
Man thats tempting, but I leave the morning of the 7th... and I know if it includes New Belgium beer.... I wont be in any shape to drive!! lol

Good luck with the swap. If you decide to take on the Springfield Scooter swap, let us know. I had the opportunity to combine it with the Haysville swap, but since I dont have any hired help... I had to turn it down.

I talked a long time with the scooter guys, they're looking for a home... I hope to include them next year. It'll take some continued discussion and some planning. <fingers crossed>

Clark

PS Have a great vacation!

Sleeper Sedan said:
Ratfink1962 said:
Darn the bad luck... this swap happens right at the beginning of my one week vacation, bummer... :(

... a crafty gentleman would just happen to incorporate this event into his vacation travels. Of course I may be speaking of a "dead man walking" scenario too?

Clark

Oh Im crafty.... but yeah, dead man walking pretty much sums it up :wink:

Hey, greetings all...

I hope to come back with some exciting news in the next couple days. If all goes well I will have something special for the vendors in attendance June 8th.

Clark

Really looking forward to the 2nd Annual Blue Springs Bike Swap & Artfest...had a blast last year! Me,Hoffman & Sills camped out the night before as the "watchmen"...maybe this year again boys? Anywho,you need to be there if there's any way you can work it in to your schedule that weekend.Plenty to do for every member of your family...see you all there!...Pappy 8)

Good afternoon All!

Big Announcement!

After having a very good first year swap meet, last year... I've been trying to make this year's swap meet even better, in particular, for the vendors as a "Thank You" for all of their hard work. We have had a lot of generous donations/gifts/door prizes and expect much the same again for 2013. As of right now we have a commitment for a BREAKFAST snack to be provided for the vendors... a local donut franchise. Once the vendors have been satisfied the remaining animals ( :p ) can snatch up the remaining food on a "first come, first served" basis. In addition, I hope (fingers crossed and a little prayer) to provide our vendors with a LUNCH too!! A franchise sub shop. I've just got to put pen to paper.

With the above said... Please be honest when it comes to vending, while these are not gourmet meals, I can't afford to have people pre-registering for free, show up and eat for free, and not vend. We have some very generous people in this town, giving of their own resources, time, and monies. Now, don't forget, we have young ladies with orange shorts showing mid-morning with free wing samples. There's something for everyone.

Can I get a "WHOOT"! ...from the gallery?

Clark

Latest posts

Back