BMX Stuff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Found these two bikes at a local garage sale. One is a Kastan and the other is a CW racing. According to the guy I got them from they are late 80s era.
Anybody have any info and maybe an approximate value?
bmx002.jpg

bmx001.jpg

I will take some pics of the cranks tomorrow. I bought these with the idea that I would sell one, and fix up one for my kid to ride. Which one would be worth more? Should I sell them both? I know nothing about BMX stuff so any info would be appreciated.

If I had to guess I'd say the CW Racing would be worth more, but I'm no expert either.

Probably be a case where parting them out would get you the biggest return.

I'll send out the bat signal and see if we can get a better opinion. :wink:

I think if my 64yo brain is working right the Kastan is built by the guy that sold the Redline co.Thats his name, he used it after sale of redline and went on to do his own name frames. The give away is the little tab brace on the head tube for the bottom tube.That was a Redline thing.They might even be built by cW racing. They are for sure limited as compaired to the CW racing who built alot of frames . CW also built a frame I designed when I ran bicycle Harbor out of Mesa AZ. They built alot of the smaller bmx co. frames. Any way they are cool frames and parts. Isold them all and miss the BMx thing. Good luck. Oh ya those bikes would of cost at least $500.00 each back then. Bartleydad

I looked at the picts again. Its for sure the old owner of Redline frames stuff with 1 leg fork . he was the first one to use the 1 leg fork for BMX. I now remember his name was Lynn Kastan. Those had a pertty look but had to be a good racer who was under 50 lbs. they could break on bad hard landings. i would love to have that bike but i,m sure it would go for a bundle on ebay with the old school bmx parts are selling for crasey money. Bartleydad

Both are Nice!

Both have Powerlite ( alloy ) Jr. Powerbend bars
Both have 1 1/8ths..or 1 3/8 tires.

Both have very nice Cranks!
A Uni Mini...and a Uni Pro 14 seat
I can't see the stems ???

oh, and YES...The Kastan is sweet.
Yes Kastan is REDLINE...and the creation of all things Redline...as said above.
The Fork is called a "Uni-Blade"

and that is the Original Color scheme on The Kastan.

They are both " Mini's "

and The Kastan is worth a lot more than you paid for it at a Garage sale..I can almost garantee that!!!!!

Very nice Score's!!!!

Kev.

Check the weight limits. Most minis have rider weight limits.

And, generally, minis are not worth quite as much as regular 20 inchers, since us adults can't ride em with out bending them all up. :wink:

Thanks for all the replies, and Mucho Thanks for the detailed info Kev.
I posted this same request for information on several BMX forums and nobody gave me near as much info as Kev.
This has been said before, but I will say it one more time.
This place is a veritable cornucopia of knowledge and information all of which are available right from my desktop.
:roll: :wink: RATRODBIKES.COM RULES

Latest posts

Back