BO-X Cafe Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in!
My theme is going to be a Café Racer. I want to keep it simple, "Less is More". I'm planning on keeping the original paint, as is. I have some ideas on how to deal with the surface rust, or not.
I'm going to use this frame I bought here off of TuckTuck.

And I'm thinking this fork that I picked up used from a local bike shop.

I haven't looked in to what year the frame is, but I'll have to do that.

I like the fact that it doesn't have the attended kick stand, Less is More! But this could be an opportunity.

I'm in!
My theme is going to be a Café Racer. I want to keep it simple, "Less is More". I'm planning on keeping the original paint, as is. I have some ideas on how to deal with the surface rust, or not.
I'm going to use this frame I bought here off of TuckTuck.

And I'm thinking this fork that I picked up used from a local bike shop.

I haven't looked in to what year the frame is, but I'll have to do that.

I like the fact that it doesn't have the attended kick stand, Less is More! But this could be an opportunity.
In the 1950s, Schwinn built several bikes exclusively for sale by the B.F. Goodrich stores. These included cycle trucks used as heavy duty delivery bikes and the Whizzer motorized bicycle.
I believe the "L" = 1954

That green on green has a beautiful patina on it!

I have had good results with a good wash with dawn dish soap. Polish some grubby grime and the chrome with rubbing compound. Bring some life back to the paint with rub of wd-40. Seal rust with an extend type rust inhibitor. and finish off with "ice" brand car wax. This method has worked on my 56 Hawthorne and 55 Schwinn.:)

I have had good results with a good wash with dawn dish soap. Polish some grubby grime and the chrome with rubbing compound. Bring some life back to the paint with rub of wd-40. Seal rust with an extend type rust inhibitor. and finish off with "ice" brand car wax. This method has worked on my 56 Hawthorne and 55 Schwinn.:)
That's what I like about the members of this site....ask a question, get a helpful and positive answer! I am writing this info down for future reference..!:41:

Love these straightbar Schwinn frames. I'm building a Spitfire blue/ivory one myself. I also have the two-tone blue Hornet. Great starting point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back