BO-X Cafe Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having problems finding the right headset to match up this fork to my Schwinn frame.

All the threadless headsets that I've found are for smaller head tubes than a Schwinn. Any ideas?

I'm having problems finding the right headset to match up this fork to my Schwinn frame.

All the threadless headsets that I've found are for smaller head tubes than a Schwinn. Any ideas?
Maybe something from a newer wall e world bike,they have bigger tubing might have bigger head set

Does the steer tube on the fork fit the head tube on the frame? If so, then you just need to find the right sized bearings for your cups that are already there, a top cap that will cover the upper bearing gap around the steer tube, and a crown race that works for the steer tube on the fork. If the steer tube doesn't fit, i.e. is too small, then you have bigger problems.

I took some photos of my first mock up last night.

I still haven't resolved all the issues with fork.

My seat post came in the mail a couple day ago.

Thanks slowriderz!

I've had this horn tank for several year waiting for a project. I never noticed that one of the halves is chrome. So I'm probably going to paint them.

My tire's Fat Frank logos are different. The one that was backordered has a smaller logo. I'll have to get on the phone after the weekend.

Awesome stance!

Nice look to the bike, we need a special category for these "tough and snazzy" looking builds. Hey....has anyone ever thought of categories for the Build Off? Maybe like only three, but they could differentiate the styles of either the building method or the style of the bike....there's obviously more than one breed of rat!

My tire's Fat Frank logos are different. The one that was backordered has a smaller logo. I'll have to get on the phone after the weekend.

I called the place I purchased my tires from yesterday, told them about the problem I had with the backordered tire being different. They're going to send me another tire for free! Cool!

Latest posts

Back