BO-X - Flameliner - Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last weekend I was at this fantastic car show called Sins of Steel in Davisburg, Michigan. Lots of cars, swap meet, mini bike races, etc. etc. While I was there I stopped at a booth called Speedcult, they do a lot of metal cutouts. www.speedcult.com
I picked up a bunch of flame cutouts and had this idea that they would look cool added to my bike.

Front Axle hubcap?

Quickly welded some on and in my haste did not take many pictures.

I currently have these cutouts attached to the head tube, down tube and off the ends of the chain stay.
Currently in a coat of primer.

Aww man!! You got a hot one right there!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

FLAME ON!!!!
Those are awesome on that frame and you placed them perfectly!!

Great bike. FOGHORN RULES!! THIS REMINDED ME OF WHEN YOU WENT TO THE MOVIES AND THEY SHOWED CARTOONS DURING THE BREAK.

Love Foghorn Leghorn, Ah say, ah say, LOOOVE that boy! Oh, and the flames et al are way cool! *jealous* :D
Great bike. FOGHORN RULES!! THIS REMINDED ME OF WHEN YOU WENT TO THE MOVIES AND THEY SHOWED CARTOONS DURING THE BREAK.

I always loved the Foghorn cartoons as a youngster. I would rush home from delivering newspapers saturday morning to watch those cartoons. Good times!

I'm just now finding this one. o_O

You're definitely getting the hot rod vibe that you're looking for. Should be a good complement to your car!

Like some of the others here, I remember the first build and always liked the stitched panels and the color scheme. I'll have to be honest that I didn't like the light the first time around. Just seemed to flimsy with the plastic drink bottle even though it was creative.

Looking forward to more.:)

Do they still have youngsters on bikes delivering newspapers?
Nope.
iu

I'm just now finding this one. o_O

You're definitely getting the hot rod vibe that you're looking for. Should be a good complement to your car!

Like some of the others here, I remember the first build and always liked the stitched panels and the color scheme. I'll have to be honest that I didn't like the light the first time around. Just seemed to flimsy with the plastic drink bottle even though it was creative.

Looking forward to more.:)
Sorry to disappoint. On this bike, I am going towards a hot rod look, with Chrome, red, black and white colors. I didn't like the panels and my intention is to make a bike for me and not just for build off votes.
The plastic bottle light was cheezy and was the first thing I removed from that bike, but when I made it, at the time I was thinking young kids could also make something similar and at a very low cost. I don't have a vast assortment of tools or antique parts at my disposal or the skill set to bend pipe to make custom bike frames etc.etc.
Just trying to build a bike and have some fun doing it.

I do love the Speedcult stuff..I've used a few things from them as well..we always have a blast hanging out with those cats at Redneck Rumble in Sept. around my neck of the woods..always plenty of beer and crazy stories..liking your use of the flame licks..here's how I used a pair of them:

Those look great, I like how you painted them. I was sure someone had used these cutouts from Speedcult before.

I added another to my kick stand and gave it a polish.

Sorry to disappoint. On this bike, I am going towards a hot rod look, with Chrome, red, black and white colors. I didn't like the panels and my intention is to make a bike for me and not just for build off votes.
The plastic bottle light was cheezy and was the first thing I removed from that bike, but when I made it, at the time I was thinking young kids could also make something similar and at a very low cost. I don't have a vast assortment of tools or antique parts at my disposal or the skill set to bend pipe to make custom bike frames etc.etc.
Just trying to build a bike and have some fun doing it.
Nah, not disappointing at all. I liked the panels, but they wouldn't work for this one. I'm liking the hot rod theme!:cool2:

Latest posts

Back