(BO-X) RAMCHARGERS Drag Bike (Finished, last detailed pictures)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a 1968 Sears Spyder, 24" bicycle I bought from crash about mid February. It looks like you see it here minus seat and handlebars and pedals when it arrived. I have since parted out almost every thing except for the frame, rear wheel, shifter and fenders. Crash actually bought back the crank and chain ring from me in April. As the bike sits now it is just a frame and a lot of parts. I haven't even mocked anything up yet.
I have been acquiring a mass of parts for it since. Crash was also generous enough to sell me a rare Jerald Slick.
Crash%20Spyder.jpg

DSCN0610.jpg

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing this come together!
What are your plans regarding paint/finish?

Luke.
This is what it should look like when I finish... sort of. My inspiration is this model that I built back in 1999 and was in Scale Auto Enthusiast Magazine, Readers Gallery April 2000.
I probably can't get it to look exactly like this but you'll get the gist of it.
DSC00090.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

Love that frame style. I've never seen one of them for real before and wonder if there is any here in New Zealand :39:

The model is cool. I haven't built a model car in such a long time :rolleyes:

Glen.

My assemblage of parts. I am going to attempt to make the quick release Jr. Dragster steering wheel work with the ZOOM adjustable neck I have. If I cant get the position/look I want then the back up is the straight handlebars. I'm waiting on the seat I ordered from Spain. The white brake cable is going to be replaced with red cable. The front tire is a INNOVA, Jr. Dragster slick.

DSCN0611.jpg

DSCN0612.jpg

Cu do's to crash again for sending me some very clean parts. I added some detail to the cassette he sent. I was also able to score a NOS-333 spoke protector.
0421152026.jpg

0407152031.jpg

Love that frame style. I've never seen one of them for real before and wonder if there is any here in New Zealand :39:

The model is cool. I haven't built a model car in such a long time :rolleyes:

Glen.
How many Sears stores in NZ in the 60's? Unless some one has imported them then probably none. I think these frames are rarer than Schwinn Stingray frames. On the Schwinn's there were hundreds of thousands of those built, parts are more plentiful but they garner top dollar. Not as many of the other brand bikes produced and they seem to be really cheap. That's the way the hobby goes I guess.

How many Sears stores in NZ in the 60's? Unless some one has imported them then probably none. I think these frames are rarer than Schwinn Stingray frames. On the Schwinn's there were hundreds of thousands of those built, parts are more plentiful but they garner top dollar. Not as many of the other brand bikes produced and they seem to be really cheap. That's the way the hobby goes I guess.

No Sears in NZ... so like you say, unless imported, none here. Looking forward to seeing yours done... it's gonna be :cool: :banana::banana:

Glen.

SO, before I went to work today I scanned in some decals into my laptop. While I was at work waiting for my tanker to unload, I resized some of the decals and when I got home I printed them out on white water slide decal paper with my ink jet printer. I still have to clear coat them. A little history on my past... I've made thousands of my own decals for my model hobby for many years.
I may end up doing the "RAMCHARGERS" letters in vinyl. I have to get the frame mocked up and measure and make the lift off cover to see if what I have printed will look ok.
DSCN0614.jpg

Today is strip the frame day. I usually do this after mock up so I'm not getting a clean frame dirty but it may save me time doing it first.

Latest posts

Back