Board Track FINISHED!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just paid twowheelfan for this bike & it should be here soon. Out of the hundreds of bikes I've had & built. I've actually never really done a board track style bike, so that's what I'm going to go for on this one.
IMG_0313.jpg

Re: Board Track

Looks like a good one to start with. i am looking forward to seeing this built.

So what is this bike? Seems like quite a few people are setting out to build board trackers this year.

Good luck and have fun!

Awesome Mark....Jeff is building one as well, so that's three of us (at least) local. Maybe we can all bring them out to the July Rat Riders ride and show off. I've seen your work, so it should be killer.

Terry66 said:
Awesome Mark....Jeff is building one as well, so that's three of us (at least) local. Maybe we can all bring them out to the July Rat Riders ride and show off. I've seen your work, so it should be killer.
Bring them all to our Big Ride which is on June 2

rusty513 said:
Terry66 said:
Bring them all to our Big Ride which is on June 2

I'm gonna be out of town for like a week, so that would only give me a couple of weeks to finish it! That is NOT gonna happen! :mrgreen:

Peatbog said:
I think the fork and truss rods are especially cool on that bike. You keepin' them on there?
Yeah I'll be keeping these forks & truss rods on there for sure. Been on vacation in Costa Rica for the past week & it looks like the bike was delivered to my work so I'm excited to pick up the bike tomorrow & start working on it.

Got the bike yesterday & started working on it last night. This is going to be a fairly simple build with no sanding or painting. Put some different bars on & added my klaxon horn.
P51401602.jpg

P5140162.jpg

Time to bob the rear fender.
P5140161.jpg

Since I was not using the rear rack, I decided to cut a circle out of it with my angle grinder & paint a number on it & attached it to the frame with leather straps as a number plate.
P5190161.jpg

Wanted the seat to sit back further & lower so I drilled holes in the rear cross brace & ran bolts through some tubing.
P5190160.jpg

Hi Mark! Looking Good! I like your idea for moving the seat farther back and bolting it to the fender brace. You skinny guys can get away with that - I'm pretty sure I would collapse it. Glad you finally got a chance to start working on it! Have Fun! Robert

Road Master said:
Hi Mark! Looking Good! I like your idea for moving the seat farther back and bolting it to the fender brace. You skinny guys can get away with that - I'm pretty sure I would collapse it. Glad you finally got a chance to start working on it! Have Fun! Robert
Haha, thanks Robert

Calling this one done. I rubbed some dirt on the brand new Felt tires to make them look old. True board track style here, ha ha!!!!! The coaster brake does not work!!!!
P5220165.jpg

P5220164.jpg

P5220163.jpg

P5220162.jpg

P5220161.jpg

P5220160.jpg

Great bike, LOVE the number plate and dual grips. Being finished now you have plenty of time to ride and tweek, maybe even make the brake work.

Ride lots and get pictures in lots of cool places!

Latest posts

Back