Bobber:ish Rex Lyx 1936 Build. *Its DONE*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bobber:ish Rex Lyx 1936 Build.

Azonic said:
1speedJam1982 said:
Is it wierd that Im drooling...... :oops: I really like it and hope to some day have the skills for a build of my own.. 8)

Thanks!

Thats totally normal! :) One day im sure you can build your own bike!

Im getting my first vintage frame on monday. I will see how it goes... I got my fingers crossed.... :wink:

if I could build a bike, this is it. Well done.

1speedJam1982 said:
Azonic said:
1speedJam1982 said:
Is it wierd that Im drooling...... :oops: I really like it and hope to some day have the skills for a build of my own.. 8)

Thanks!

Thats totally normal! :) One day im sure you can build your own bike!

Im getting my first vintage frame on monday. I will see how it goes... I got my fingers crossed.... :wink:

Good luck! :)

I have spent about 7 hours infront of my lathe, i was going to buy a shifter but i was short on money so i made my own, i have very little experience on the lathe but have had one for about 3 years just doing simple turnings, i have learned everything myself, im no expert but i really enjoy it, this is the most complicated part i have made this far and i think it turned out great, it works and the finish is pretty .... good for a China cheapo lathe.

Now i just need to find a shifter knob, i have some ideas, as for the brass shifter rod i might do an light S bend on it, should look better and also gets the knob out a little bit from the bike.

Here is where it is right now...

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

Houndog said:
I love this bike,great job on the shifter!!!!

Thanks! :)

Today i tore it apart to start finishing it up for paint, i polished up the rear fender and the toolbox with a steel brush, some autosol and i got the look i was after!

I will paint the frame this week i hope, more on this later! :)

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Finally i have it done, im really happy with it, it looks just the way i wanted it and it rides like a charm! :)

Here is some pics i took today...

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

Aros Kustom said:
Fan va roligt med en landsman på forumet. Riktigt snyggt bygge! Växelväljaren vart frän. Skälv har jag oxå byggt ett par hojjar. Kolla hemsidan om du känner fört. Hade great! http://www.aroskustom.se

Tackar!

Jo jag såg den där primerröda lowridern, den är riktigt fin! :D

I found some white tire paint that i will use to paint my rear tire so i have whitewalls in the rear as well!

Thanks guys, appericiate it!

I painted one side of the tire white to see what it looked like, im kinda 50/50 on it, maybe its to much white wall, maybe it will look better when not so shiny white, i dont know at all if its a keeper or not, what you guys think, white walls in the rear or not? :roll:

IMG_0254.jpg

Dang that is cool!

Växelkåpshuset svarvade du ut det själv? I sådant fall vore jag intresserad att köpa ett par om det skulle vara av intresse.

dirtmechanic said:
Dang that is cool!

Växelkåpshuset svarvade du ut det själv? I sådant fall vore jag intresserad att köpa ett par om det skulle vara av intresse.

Ja det har jag svarvat själv, kanske att jag skulle kunna göra detta i vinter, men just nu har jag inte tid.

Killer! You put some nice details on it, the rear fender and taillight finish it off nicely. Good job on the shifter. Now I gotta build a shifter bike, see what you did! :lol:

Latest posts

Back