Bohemian Rhapsody

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MY TIRES ARE HERE MY TIRES ARE HERE!!!!!!!!
4vqoRp6.jpg

Okay....Do any of you know how horrible it is to try to take apart a bike and rebuild it without a bike stand???!!!!! My back is killing me and I am in dire need of some food right now! I will spare you the details but I just spent my entire morning fighting with this stupid bike. Nothing worse than having it fall over a million times and scratch up all the paint :mad: @#%$&(*^%$##@@###+@#!!!!!!!!
Okay, I feel slightly better now...here's what I did so far....
c9gtXCd.jpg

Okay....Do any of you know how horrible it is to try to take apart a bike and rebuild it without a bike stand???!!!!! My back is killing me and I am in dire need of some food right now! I will spare you the details but I just spent my entire morning fighting with this stupid bike. Nothing worse than having it fall over a million times and scratch up all the paint :mad: @#%$&(*^%$##@@###+@#!!!!!!!!
It just needs a chain guard, chain and some decoration.. I'm thinking this is going to be finished and entered right at the deadline....
c9gtXCd.jpg

The chain guard you have looks right. You've done a great job. I have an inexpensive work stand, and I find it quite limited. My advice is to buy a used professional stand.

c9gtXCd.jpg
Unfortunately yes.

Looks good; get those tires a bit dirty and you'll barely be able to tell where the fenders and tires are.

BTW I do everything without a bike stand and at 6'1" tall I understand the back pain involved. Thinking about buying a stand hurts more tho lol.

Wow that bike looks great. Anyone who's met you would know it's really you too. I'm impressed.

I too have no stand...:arghh:
But I do have multiple hooks in the ceiling of my garage.
Gotta love :eek: hoisting an ancient cruiser up to work on it...

I like your bike, it's heavy... ;)

Carl.

Okay I fought with this bike all day yesterday but we had a long talk and its stopped with its attitude. Playing nice today and I put some finishing touches on it. As usual what I had envisioned came out completely different than I had imagined.
U29MqZc.jpg

fVVYnIv.jpg

vdVMVdf.jpg

cnQGUn5.jpg

nyt7inQ.jpg

IZWZe2Z.jpg

F3uRJPq.jpg

More pics...
r4WrZBc.jpg

miamDRe.jpg

O3pnQdr.jpg

I ended up painting the chain guard, just thought it would make the sprocket pop a little more. The color is actually a bit darker and shows up better than in the pictures. Rode it up and down my street. Rides good, brakes work just a minor adjustment on the fender bracket and shes good. Will take her on the bike trail tomorrow and test drive .:thumbsup:

Forgot to add this...Was a bookend at one time, just cut off the bottom and painted it.

DSvD8aY.jpg

qBYUDH7.jpg

Got this effect by spraypainting it with black gloss excessively till it was dripping off then overcoated that almost immediately with the turquoise then left it hanging to dry.

Latest posts

Back