"Bored" Tracker (Rusty Love)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update

feel the burn!!! ha ha! guess what the pipe gets smokin hot!!! :lol:
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNTMuanBn.jpg

running like a champ but stock gas tank starting leaking from around mounting bolts. had some cracks on two of them.
little JB weld for now till i get my tank made.

no pics or video but buddy and i were doing a little racing today and i hugged REAL close in the curve while WFO and
WOOOO HOOOOO comming into that corner hot the back tire broke free and slid out super moto style :mrgreen:

edit for...

my buddy's engine mount(s) came loose on the road :shock: luckily it didn't come off!!!
people use loctite on all your nuts, bolts and screws!!!!!

I like the look of the black engine with fins sanded. reminds me of my Buell. Only that one's probably faster....lol.

yeah first thing he did was break the engine down and started sanding it down,
cleaning off casting, then polishing places he wasn't going to paint.

he did put some time into it besides the engine
the leaf springer and getting the tank to fit in the frame took him
a few to get it done.

since he is going to let the frame rust up though i though he should have
treated the shiny places with alodine. it gives aluminum a rusty
brown color . the longer you leave it on the browner it gets.
corr4.JPG

i'll tell him you said you like it...
and then say
what i really want to know is how much faster would it go
if you spent all that time smoothing and shining up the inside!?!? :mrgreen: :lol:

havent checked this thread in a bit, the seat that close to the tire isnt usually my thing but man rusty does look good with that setup :D

the old murray made sears 20" muscle bikes seam to fit those kits the best as far as space goes from what we've had laying around. schwinn frames are still a tight fit though, my brothers would fit but the plug wire would get broke about every week from tapping the frame when its shaking/screaming/running. my brother also had a guy cnc a smaller sprocket for the rear of his (i think he was on the motoredbikeforums), don't know how fast the 26" bikes will go but his will do 38mph (i followed him in his truck one day). he had a speedo on the bike but the needle would bounce too much to really tell how fast he was going, dont know if its the speedo or the vibrations though :lol:

your buddys bike looks seriously beefed up on that fork :shock: both bikes look like a lot of fun

CCR said:
havent checked this thread in a bit, the seat that close to the tire isnt usually my thing but man rusty does look good with that setup :D

the old murray made sears 20" muscle bikes seam to fit those kits the best as far as space goes from what we've had laying around. schwinn frames are still a tight fit though, my brothers would fit but the plug wire would get broke about every week from tapping the frame when its shaking/screaming/running. my brother also had a guy cnc a smaller sprocket for the rear of his (i think he was on the motoredbikeforums), don't know how fast the 26" bikes will go but his will do 38mph (i followed him in his truck one day). he had a speedo on the bike but the needle would bounce too much to really tell how fast he was going, dont know if its the speedo or the vibrations though :lol:

your buddys bike looks seriously beefed up on that fork :shock: both bikes look like a lot of fun

ha ha it would take a 400lb guy to FLY straight into a curb at 20mph to even move the tire.
it was his first one. since then made a jig and rocked out a new and improved one that he
wanted me to post pics of but i'm stingy :mrgreen:

i don't know my top speed yet. i'm sure the police will let me know ! :mrgreen:

well i'm liking rusty more and more as a motor bike so i may do a 20 one day when i retire him back to the
slow life but right now he is having fun with the wind blowing through his bars, making the other bikes
jealous singing his song buzzin on down the road.
(i think all the girl bikes dinging their bells at him yelling HEEEEEEEEEY! has gone to his head) :mrgreen:

i was going to go lower but i couldn't bring myself to cut the top of the seat tube off. :?
it is the only bike i had that couldn't bring myself to cut on for some reason?!?!

they are super fun and everybody should have at least one!

Upper Class White Trash said:
yeah first thing he did was break the engine down and started sanding it down,
cleaning off casting, then polishing places he wasn't going to paint.

he did put some time into it besides the engine
the leaf springer and getting the tank to fit in the frame took him
a few to get it done.

since he is going to let the frame rust up though i though he should have
treated the shiny places with alodine. it gives aluminum a rusty
brown color . the longer you leave it on the browner it gets.
corr4.JPG

i'll tell him you said you like it...
and then say
what i really want to know is how much faster would it go
if you spent all that time smoothing and shining up the inside!?!? :mrgreen: :lol:

Yeah, I have seen they even offer nitrous oxide kits for these. I can imagine the possibilities.....maybe a smaller sprocket like from an old Trac moped to gear it faster, port and polish, bigger carb, open header exhaust..........LOUD and PROUD baby!

well he ported his the other day and got more in low and mid but his top end is lacking.

on flat ground he will pull away from me but at 2- 2 1/2 blocks mine comes alive. then
it's reversed and i overtake him, then pull away increasing the gap between us.

so in a mile run by the end he ends up like a 1/8 mile or so behind me.

i'm not going to go crazy spending money on hopping up this engine,
most of it's power can be had with a little love and basic tools.

they are fun!!!

deorman said:
Hmm, cruiser bike chassis and brakes, I think 40 is fast enough. :mrgreen: Law around here says anything over 30 requires DMV papers and yearly state inspections. :|

yeah 40 ish is fine!! i just want it to be strong off the line and match the flow of traffic quick when needed for running in traffic.

Upper Class White Trash said:
... and match the flow of traffic quick when needed for running in traffic.

couldnt have said it better, it helps to be able to get out of the way of stupid people when you need to :lol:

stock tank couldn't take the abuse. one mount was cracked bad enough to call it done.

so not my first idea but the easier of the two and looks better then the stock tank....

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNjUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNjQuanBn.jpg

what better to keep your tank in one place but a belt!!
a .99 cent second hand one is even better but what if you use two!?!?
i guess i will find out......
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNzUuanBn.jpg

well got my tank done and going to do some riding today.
here is how it looks currently.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNzkuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyODAuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyODEuanBn.jpg

shortly after last post my buddy showed up and he said he was going to put his
oil bag (toolbag) on so if we need to wrench on the road we have some tools
well.......

can you see what i see!?!?
PA010101.jpg

PA010100.jpg

the fix
PA010104.jpg

PA010103.jpg

hurry up and put that stuff back on!!!!
PA010105.jpg

AHHHH can of Dew wash down the bugs!!
utf-8BSU1HMDAyODIuanBn.jpg

had a buddy ask "is the belt on the tank functional or just for looks?" :lol:
he did a little jig,giggled and gave me an attaboy when he found that it is the only thing holding it on! :mrgreen:

ok last one for today....
momma called and asked me to run something to her, at her friends house near by

turn audio down!!! trip there

trip home

i still haven't got a speedo speed limit is 50 mph on that road.

Well I now know what hitting the ground at 20 ish feels like!!!

Had a little starving issue and looked down to press the bleeder valve and just as I looked up WHAM,(silence, euphoria, flying feeling)GRAVITY, SKID, BOUNCE BOUNCE,SKID,STOP!!!!
wow the sky is blue,wasn't I on my bike!?!?

From moment of heinous attack by the curb that jumped out at me to where I laid to rest was 15'. I more than certain the first 5 were in flight.

Well 15' later I am laying there laughing making sure all my parts are good and working.

Be safe. Rubber side down people side up!
I could have poked an eye out.

well checked it over some minor scratches a new rattle from my clutch lever,
checked it over for cracks and made sure all was tight and took off.

did about 50 miles today about half after the curb check, while out in the back roads i
got out my gps a got a reading of 35 before it got sketchy and had to hold on with both
hands.

in my travels i met some old cat on a harley that stopped and told me about how he and his
brother took a kick start engine out of an old maytag washing machine and mounted it to a bike :mrgreen:

not feeling bad for crashing, sorry no road rash or mangled bike pics! maybe next time.

Oooops, yeah keep your eyes on the road those curbs are everywhere. :mrgreen: Bike looks cool by the way.

outskirtscustoms said:
Oooops, yeah keep your eyes on the road those curbs are everywhere. :mrgreen: Bike looks cool by the way.

it was a big one too!! ran right out in front of me! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:
this is how it went down lol
utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTYuanBn.jpg

glad you like it, more to come :wink:

Latest posts

Back