BOSS Sting-Ray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HuffDaddy said:
I'm going to change the name of my bike a little to BOSS Sting-Ray! Basically the same but I wanted to get Sting-Ray in there.

Not sure if I'll be able to really make it look like this, but I'm going to try!

Hope you are able to pull this look off.
That is sweet!!

Thanks KingFish!

Here's where I'm at with the frame.

This has been done for a week or so. The top curved tube ended up being connected to the seat post tube a little lower than on my drawing. It's just the way it worked out. I'll been working on how to attach the back of the frame.

Here's a few pieces of the puzzle I've picked up recently.

I made a little progress on the frame today.

These two connections are ready to weld, maybe tomorrow. Hopefully by next weekend, the frame will be ready for it's first mock up!

I really like this design and build. The "BOSS" stripe is going to look fantastic as will the rest of the bike. It already looks good just waiting to be welded.

Too, too cool.

The frame's getting there. It's turning out a little different than my original layout.

I have a few more details to figure out on how it's all going together.

It does look like it could be a chopper frame. The fronts not really that high, the middle is too low. I'm planning on using a 26" fork.

It's kinda close to my original plan. I'm still planning on continuing the curved 1/2" tubes forward. They are going to hit the front tube a lot lower than planned.
Hopefully it'll work out okay.

Its hard to hit the exact radius and placements on the real thing as opposed to the concept. I like the changes though, but if ya ask me ya never can place too much rake on a bike or have the headtube too high :lol:

Its looking mean, nice build :mrgreen:

Rich

I came into work this morning, ended up working on my bike. Work will have to wait.
Anyway, I bought this 26" Schwinn fork, turns out, it was bent a little. Nothing a bg vise and a pipe can't fix.

It need to be shorten a bit.

Next step, weld it back together.

I also was able to jig up the frame. It kinda thrown together, but it pretty tight and square, I hope.

I'm getting there, by this time next week, I should have a rolling frame.

CRASH said:
Man I wish I lived close to you so you could help with my fork. You make welding look so easy!

Thanks. There's a great shop (wood, metal & paint) where I work. I seat a a desk all day, everyday in front of a computer but they let me play out there from time to time. It's starting to become all the time. I hope they never tell me I can't.

Fab a totally new handle that is threaded on one end, flat on the other. Save the shimano handle...
Since we got tons of time now! :wink:

Latest posts

Back