(BOTEN) "OUTLAW" ...Withdrawn from the build-off...

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 10 BIKES' started by LukeTheJoker, May 1, 2015.

1. MplsCoaster

MplsCoaster

Take Care of yourself and everything else will work out. You've got a interesting approach to your builds and a great attitude to everybody else on the forum so, Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    Funkme and LukeTheJoker like this.
  2. c1run1

c1run1

Hey Luke ,
    Yeah i know the weather can drive that extra screw in your side it happened to me last year . You really put a lot of effort in the video aspect witch requires a ton of time as well .
    The fact that you work in the out doors and make incredible builds is amazing .
    Is there anyway you can make a small work shop this summer ? Id rather see you do that then a build off bike ? Or is there some restrictions to prevent this ? You can run a heater out there and keep the wind off you ? keep your best parts and tools in there ect ...
    Anyway i can't wait to see this bike finished . Looking forward to the build thread .
    Joe

3. KJV

KJV

Take care of yourself bro.
    the bike will be there when
    Your able. I know the feeling;
    I haven't been able to do anything
    Much on my bicycles...not even been
    Able to ride a bike , for 3 years now.
    I am hoping to be able to even look,
    @ site,,,& follow the MBBO #4.

Chad T and LukeTheJoker like this.
  4. Dr. Tankenstein

Dr. Tankenstein

Get well brother, do the bike 'right', don't settle, it will 'find its way'.
    Best thoughts....

Chad T, LukeTheJoker and KJV like this.
  5. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Thanks again everyone! I see I am not the only one dropping out due to health issues at the moment, it is very awesome that people on this board are so supportive!

Been thinking a little about this for quite some time, I have an agreement with the landlord from when we first moved in 7 years ago that if I do close the carport in I have to make sure it is properly braced as we have significant winds here sometimes, so that is all good, I would rather it is done properly anyway...

It is just a matter of finding the money to do it really, you never know, I might get there yet!

Luke.

6. OddJob

OddJob

Luke, I was searching the internets this morning trying to get some ideas on the Muscle Bike category. This was one of the first images that popped up! Don't know if you need a spirit lift this morning (or for you, tonight) but it sure lifted my spirits! Wow! What a bike!
    [​IMG]

Bike Bum, Chad T, c1run1 and 2 others like this.
  7. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

I miss that bike... In so many ways that was my perfect bike, it fit me so well too...
    Still, the guy I sold it to absolutely loves it and still rides it everywhere, and the money from that paid for most of "BigJim", including those rims and tires, so it worked out well!

The bike I am planning for the MBBO this year has some similarities to the "50 years" bike though, (just more a show bike, and much less practical) I might even revisit the black and white paint set up too...

Luke.

8. billy bob customs

billy bob customs

I was looking forward to seeing the finished product. I do however completely understand where you're at. I had to sell off my business and relocate to a dryer climate due to health reasons. I got depressed and pretty much hated looking at cars ,trucks, bikes ,etc.. It took me about a year befor I wanted to build anything. Sometimes a break and some rest does alot of good. Hope you get feeling better soon!

LukeTheJoker likes this.
  9. cherrydeuce

cherrydeuce

Piling on the well wishes for health.Builds will come and go not to worry...you're one of my favs on here and can't wait to see what you do with the bike, well worth the wait and doing it right!

10. Jake Sensi

Jake Sensi

Take care brother. It was a fun ride. No worries my friend. I appreciated all of ya feedback and views. Namaste

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

LukeTheJoker likes this.
  11. karfer67

karfer67

Take care bro that bike is killer, easy top five fave but no good to push yourself into that sorta deal. The last few weeks doing destino were rough because all of a sudden mother nature put the blast furnace on. Be well bro

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

LukeTheJoker likes this.
  12. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who commented here with good wishes after I pulled the plug on this build, it was much appreciated!

In other news, look for a return of the 'OutLaw' during the WBO starting January 1st!
    Already dug it out of storage and set it up on the bench!

2016-12-14 18.19.37.jpg

Luke.

Glen, kingfish254, Chad T and 6 others like this.
  13. Bike Bum

Bike Bum

Swellsville, USA. Where Everything Is Just Swell.
    Looks like I just lost!! Wondered if you still had this. Can't wait to see it finished.

LukeTheJoker likes this.
  14. Chad T

Chad T

Was hoping to see this one finished. One of my favorite LTJ concepts. Looks like some good weather. It's -12 Celsius here.

LukeTheJoker likes this.
  15. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Summer is finally starting to kick in, already had one fire ban day, hopefully there will not be too many during the build-off...

Luke.

Bike Bum and Chad T like this.
  16. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator