BOTEN - The Bonneville Roadster FINISHED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really cool and classy retro stretch cruiser ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like this photo:
IMG_07831_zpslfgwefmq.jpg

I love the cobalt blue light reflections!

Nice work Dave, it was great to see the detail in person and how well it rides...not just a super sweet show bike but a very good rider............which gets my vote hands down.....

just a friendly FYI. the gold v8 pin came off a 53 not a 54. It was the 50th anniversary of Ford and most of the cars got one. .

Time for more details!
The rear fender had this hole in the center, for what I don't know, but I had a solution!

I've had this emblem for years, it came off of a '54 Ford glove box door. I had used it as a hat pin for the longest time.

Here you can see a little mounting boss. Rather than grind it off, I decided to use it like Ford intended.

Here's a little trick for drilling a blind hole. First I laid a strip of tape across the fender just below the hole.

I swiped some of my wife's old lipstick (with her permission of course!) and marked the boss on the back of the emblem.

Then just press the emblem against the tape...

And there you have it, now just center punch and drill!

Done!

just a friendly FYI. the gold v8 pin came off a 53 not a 54. It was the 50th anniversary of Ford and most of the cars got one. .

Thanks for the schooling, that's a detail I did not know. The '52-'54 Fords were otherwise identical except for minor grille changes. I still have the headlight rings and bezels from that car!

Latest posts

Back