BOTEN!! Yeah, yeah, yeah... Space Pumpkin!! Let's go Space Pumpkin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I know that there are at least a couple of Spaceliners in this build off, and at least one of them is a ladies bike using a TRM tank, so.... I hope that I don't step on any toes with this build.... but here goes!

CINDERELLA
IMG_1347.JPG

IMG_13481.JPG

She is just a homely little gal really I mean... she has a nice bouncy front end, and some sweet accessories, and some blingy chrome. but, overall she looks like the mean old step sisters really put some wear and tear on her.

So, to get to the Pumpkin Chariot, colors will definitely be orange, black and (of course) shiny chrome. I am going to try and make a comfortable banana seat by overstuffing and using a sprung sissy bar. This will probably leave large ape hanger handlebars as the only option, but I will play around with some other ideas before I settle on the bars.

Last edited:
Orange, black, and chrome??? Maybe I should have waited and made this a Halloween build!!
Anyway, I got old Cinderella undressed enough that me and my helper can do some mockup work and throw some parts at her to see what sticks.

IMG_13511.JPG

IMG_13521.JPG

The helper is my grand daughter Jocey, she is the joy of my life, and she loves TOOLS!! A great helper indeed. I was stacking her dominos up the other night, and she didn't want me to........ she told me to go to my room!! 2 1/2 year olds are a blast!

O.K., so I got this h-d 3 speed wheel set from ind-chuckz a few weeks ago. And I added a pair of 26x2.125 duro tires to them.

IMG_1349.JPG

IMG_1350.JPG

I love how easy it is to reverse these rat trap springers. It changes the whole look of the bike.

IMG_13561.JPG

There is always room for more liners. They are so versatile and cool that we usually end up with 4 or more and each one ends up so different from each other.

I like your plans for this one. Are you using a TRM tank on it?

There is always room for more liners. They are so versatile and cool that we usually end up with 4 or more and each one ends up so different from each other.

I like your plans for this one. Are you using a TRM tank on it?

Yeah, I think that I was one of the first buyers on those tanks. I bought mine for this bike, but then it got stuck behind a couple of other builds........

This is turning into a RM build...
Maybe we need to come up with a mini comp within the comp...;)
Glad your in,and love the space liner frame...Thats it,I am investing in one soon.

Thanks for all of the well wishes! There is a blueprint in place already for these lady spaceliners with a TRM tank.......hopefully, I can't screw it up to bad.

Here is my helper inspecting my work. Gee, I hope it passes....

IMG_1353.JPG

Then after opening up the axle slots for the larger dia. axle, she went ahead and installed the front wheel.

IMG_13571.JPG

Getting things ironed out a bit more. I think the vision is getting clearer on this build.
Here is a picture of the reversed springer on the ground.

IMG_13602.JPG

I think that I will see how the fender looks as a street sweeper on this build.

IMG_13592.JPG

And here is a view of the bike sittng on that great looking tire and wheel combination.

IMG_13611.JPG

I wanted to go a little further mocking things up before I started fitting the tank. SO....I taped it on!!!! I really want to throw a few more parts at this bike before I disassemble it to start building.

IMG_13621.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

I got this seat from Chicago Muscle Guy quite a while back. I hope that when I overstuff it, it will look larger on the bike. The sissy bar isn't a keeper on this build...just useful for mock up.

IMG_1364.JPG

Cinderfella is looking pretty sharp!

The combination of the TRM tank and banana seat is awesome!

Luke.
I do think they go great together! I may be grossly overestimating my leg length!! So, the seat will surely be alot closer to the topbar of the frame.

I wanted to go a little further mocking things up before I started fitting the tank. SO....I taped it on!!!! I really want to throw a few more parts at this bike before I disassemble it to start building.

IMG_13621.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

I got this seat from Chicago Muscle Guy quite a while back. I hope that when I overstuff it, it will look larger on the bike. The sissy bar isn't a keeper on this build...just useful for mock up.

IMG_1364.JPG

Looking Good!

I like the end of the tank under the seatstays- it looks nice and I am having to do some excavation to fit the tank over the seatstays on a Murray/Hiawatha frame.

That does look pretty interesting under the seat stays. I've found that these frames have slight variations in that area. Some of them made a V into the seat post and I've seen some that weld to each side. The Raceliner came in at a V but also had a collar around the seat post. That's why each tank needs to be fit specifically to each frame. I'm assuming the excavation you're talking about is removing some of the material inside of the tank for clearance. A Dremel tool works nicely for that.

It's fun for me to see the different approaches to building these convertibles! :cool2:

I like the end of the tank under the seatstays- it looks nice and I am having to do some excavation to fit the tank over the seatstays on a Murray/Hiawatha frame.

An interesting thought! I am thinking that I want to raise it to match up to the seat stays though.

I tried some different bars out since I already had it sitting there. This first set are a little crazy.... but they were just sitting there on the shelf... so...

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1367.JPG

Probably going back on the shelf with this set! DANG, I can't find anything that these bars look good on, why did I buy them???

Latest posts

Back