Bowden Spacelander

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is what I am going to try and duplicate, however it wil be made of steel and not glass.
BowdenSpacelander.jpg

BowdenSpacelander2.jpg

oh man, i cant wait to see this..
that there is my holy grail of bikes!

heres a photochop i did of one awhile back, feel free to use it for inspiration!
bowdenmod.jpg

tomb said:
oh man, i cant wait to see this..
that there is my holy grail of bikes!

heres a photochop i did of one awhile back, feel free to use it for inspiration!
bowdenmod.jpg
Thanks Tomb, I like the stretch on it....

Good thing there is no judging in this build off....if you come up with anything CLOSE to the original it would be a winner in my books! 8)

I think Chestnut hallow has a complete Spacelander plus a bunch of parts laying around. I don't think the complete bike is for sale but, the parts might be. Give Jerry a call at 1-810-798-3158 WARNING! his stuff is not cheap but, his stuff is rare and usually in great condition.

hi my name is craig morrow,,,,i just found 11 bowdenspacelanders ,,,FROM A FLEMARKET GUY,,,A FIND OF A LIFE TIME,,,ITS A STORY MOST WOULD NEVER BELIVE,,,,,,,IF YOU CAN BELIVE THAT,,,,my buddy curt is NOW cleaning them all up DOING repairs and fixing the lights,,,I THINK THE BEST BODY MAN IN PITTSBURGH PA ,,NONE OF THE BIKES NEED REPAINTED its most likly one of the best finds AT LEAST IN THE LAST FEW YEARS OR MORE IN THE BIKE WORLD,,,,LOOK FOR HIS POST,,,ITS SOMEPLACE ON THIS FORUM,,,HE WILL SEND SOME PHOTOS OF ONE OF THE BLUE ONES I HAVE,,,,,,THE BIKES JUST NEED CLEAND UP BUT IM REPLACEING MOST OF THE PARTS WITH ONLY NOS PARTS,,,LIKE THE WHEELS TIRES THINGS LIKE THAT,,,A FEW BIKES WILL NEED SOME RE POP PARTS FOR NOW,,,I,,,,CURT IS SO GOOD WE FOUND AND CAN MADE SOME PARTS SO CLOSE 99%,,SOME NOS PARTS WE HAVE ARE FOR SALE,,THE OTHERS I HAVE ARE NOT SOLD NOT AS BOWDEN PARTS BUT WILL LOOK GREAT,, SO ANYBODY NEEDING MOLDINGS LIGHTS,,GET IN LINE,,,,,WE HAVE ORIG HARDWARE IF NEEDED,,,,,ANYWAYS I CAME ON THIS FORUM AS I WAS TOLD EVERYONE HERE AND VERY COOL AND INTO MANY OTHER COOL BIKES,,,THANKS,,,,,,,,,SORRY MY KEYBORD STICKS

Hi

I don't know if anyone else posted this to you yet. However out of my over 200 bookmarked links I have this link of a guy whom I wish I had even half of his metal shaping talents.It seems he has already done what you intend to do. Just that his is not a rideable one.I don't know why he went that far and didn't go all the way. If I could do that I surely would have! Anyway here ya go enjoy!

http://bikerodnkustom4.homestead.com/be ... ander.html

Not only make the bike but check out that chain gaurd. Man I wish I could do that.

Latest posts

Back