Boys. Avennnnnnnnge Me!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, i put an ad on craigslist asking for someone to paint my bike. i should have known not to trust someone named after a whiskey and offering to strip and paint it for under $40. i went against my better judgment and handed the frame and fork over to JD at the flea market. JD was a scrawny dude with a large gold grill covering all his teeth. as i drove away, God and my gut told me i would never see the bike again. i call jd a week later and he says he has been busy, blah blah. i said just give the bike back. long story short- he says, "just get another bike, man. what's the big deal about this one?" i would lay in bed at night and that scene from red dawn would haunt me. Patrick swayze's dad was in that concentration camp, and he called out to his sons, "Boys. Avennnnnnnge Me!!!" i sprung out of bed and called my detective friend and told him about my bike being held hostage. Well, the detective calls JD and this joker sprung to action and i got my bike back! woohoo. i went to work on this puppy right away and the build turned out better than expected. i went with a fixed gear setup. the rim is a flip flop hub with a 17 tooth. the cranks are 46 teeth and only 165 in length. the tires are front and rear specific raptor racers. enjoy.

DSC02343.jpg

DSC02200.jpg

DSC02198.jpg

Dec05_0001.jpg

this is a photo of the bike when it was a mild mannered jamis earth cruiser 4. internal gears with coaster brakes.

jamis.jpg

Looks good! I'm glad you got your bike back, it is good to have a friend in the Po-Po persuasion! Even if the guy that had it could have done a better job,(I dont think he could have though) it is always better in having the satisfatcion of doing it yourself.

Looks like a sophisticated "RAT" now!

Hey thanks for sharing the story and the bike looks great!

By the way..........hint hint nudge nudge.......when you get a chance....head on over to the "INTRO" part of the forum and introduce yourself to the gang. We would like to meet you first and welcome you to the board!

thanks ...its good to have you here

FW

10-49ER 10-49ER!! WE GOT A POST FROM A GUY WITHOUT AN INTRO, REQUESTING BACKUP! OVER!,
10-4 Big Rick Backup is ON THE WAY!!!
I make myself laugh.

Sweet bike btw, Ive got some deals on bikes at the flea-market, Makes ya wonder if there stolen =\... Mine got stolen over the summer, was sold at the flea-market, i found it forsale on craigs list, The guy gave it back.

unfortunatly there are lot of bad people out there. craigslist has opened up a whole new world for the chop shop.. cash only no questions ask show up and buy it from some guy who says he doesn't ride it any more that is why it is such a killer deal. be on the look out and don't forget to lock it up.

Latest posts

Back