bring.doom the noob

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. My name is Larry Kennedy and I hail from the dying city of canton ohio, looking to move to california in the future. After vacationing in california last month I fell for cruisers and went and bought two cheapies from dicks for me and my wife. Now not being content, Im planning projects and searching garage sales for old bikes to hack and rebuild.

Here is my current ride....Its nothing special....
IMG_1432.jpg

Pulled all the stickers off and wanting to start messing with it. I have many ideas. First off paint the frame and rims. New seat and bars, build wood tank sides and use them to hide the workings of a rigged up jocky shifter and rear brake lever that matches the shifter. Wanting to use a mtb rear 3 speed hub with disc mount for a rear break and get rid of the coaster brake.

I like the look of modified stock geometery cruisers and mild choppers that are still ridable, since that is what its all about. I like the hotrod look but also like the classy look also. I have come the realise that like most of you. I keep having so many ideas and like so many different things, that the only way I will be happy is to own a stable of old bikes to chop up and re build. Hoping I can meet fellow cruisers for some rides, get some new ideas, share my ideas, or just get some advice on how to meet some of my goals.

For further reference check out my profile, I have my myspace page there to learn more about me.

How you doing. At one time in my life I raced late model stock cars at Canton Motor speedway. great old track. I live in az. now . Nicer weather than Calif and lower house prices. You can ride 12 months of the year here. Good luck on your bikes. You will be able to find alot more old bikes there . not many here . bartleydad

Welcome! Looks nice for a stock cruiser!

KOTA said:
Welcome! Looks nice for a stock cruiser!

Thanks for the welcome. I think Ill like it here, and yes she is pretty nice for a stock cruiser. she even came without fenders, lol. Only problem with it is the fact that it is stock. It kills me. My dirtbike is no longer stock, my old truck was far from it, any bmx or mountain bike was built from scratch and my current truck would be modded if the aftermarket ever starts making stuff for the new dakotas.

Latest posts

Back