BROKEN, BEAT AND SCARRED.... "SPEED KING" ***TEASER SHOT 8/1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BROKEN, BEAT AND SCARRED.... "SPEED KING" 5/9

Sheet metal fabbed.....final triming and mounting tabs still needed...........not the tires and rims I'll be using. I needed to make sure the tank was going to clear and get an idea in my head what is needed.

Re: BROKEN, BEAT AND SCARRED.... "SPEED KING" 5/10

i really like this bike i have been lurking watching it but now that the metal work is done in place of the cardboard i gotta say wow. it is hard to do something like that and be subtle. it works

Ok this is getting realy serius , Jeff you are a great creator realy like you're custom work please continue you're masterpice :!:

karfer67 said:
i really like this bike i have been lurking watching it but now that the metal work is done in place of the cardboard i gotta say wow. it is hard to do something like that and be subtle. it works

Agreed.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Subtle is my favorite style.....and harder to do then it looks.

I've been playing around with lights. Not sure if this combo will make it or not but I thought it looked cool for a fender mounted tail light. I have an unknown (to me) battery operated light housing, an unknown origin marker/tail lamp with a glass lense and a bezel from a Delta headlight. The bezel fits the housing perfectly....just needs two small holes drilled to fit the spring loaded mounting tabs on the housing. Then it will fit flush.

mocked together.....measure about 6" long.

i like! nice choice!

I Love This Bike! can one man love a bike? the answer is yes, and i do, and its this bike. great work sir. cant wait to see it all come together.

those tanks are amazing. The light will look great too.

Just some stuck together mock up stuff. Some may change but I'm happy so far with the overall look. Time to get some mounting brackets made and get some stuff actually bolted on :mrgreen: Need to decide on my hubs also.

Re: BROKEN, BEAT AND SCARRED.... "SPEED KING" 5/29

Im concerned about the way your front wheel mounts on the forks Tony

tnt1 said:
Im concerned about the way your front wheel mounts on the forks Tony

I appreciate the concern. Shouldn't be any issues though. The rockers and shouldered bolts are all factory Monark pieces. When I fire the welder back up the slots in the Elgin main fork will be welded up and drilled to fit the shouldered bolts. Nothing coming apart there :mrgreen:

this is my other fav bike i have two and i am torn between them

u will figure it out

Thanks all for the compliments. Nothing new to post. I do know the seat is not going to make the cut.......while I love it, there is just too much hanging down. I don't think it flows well with the lines of the bike. The front fender is going to be a keeper and will have a single rear curved brace that matches the rear fender brace. My original tail lamp isn't going on either....but it is getting a tail light.

Tires, rims and hubs have been another real issue for me.......they can sure make or break the looks. Sometimes one part looks cool so I use it..... then I bolt on other stuff and it suddenly doesn't look right anymore. I think many times I get too picky and out of that comes discouragement. I walk away for a few days and things just seem to flow again....satisfaction far beyond the discouragement. I'll tell you this! 3 months doesn't seem long enough anymore :mrgreen:

I'm having a blast! Hats off to the builders past and present.....lots of cool stuff and ideas :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back