Brooks Saddles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a total n00b when it comes to this stuff, so please help me understand what the hype is with these seats. What makes them so expensive? I looked at a bunch of them yesterday in person and they look really uncomfortable... I guess i just need to sit on one to "get it"?

Why is every other seat out there made with cushion, but Brooks are super stiff with no cushion?

Are they worth the money?

I just recently picked up Brooks B67, and it does feel really different than any other modern padded saddle...not too bad but not too good either...maybe after it breaks in and molds to my back side it will be more comfortable. I'm reconsidering appyling Brooks' Proofhide to mine, I hear if you "over do it", there is no going back. Brooks saddles are pretty stiff but are not rock hard, the leather does flex.

I like my B66 but it's well used. I sat on a new one and feel like the price is crazy for how uncomfortable it is off the shelf. I paid $80 and it came with a free Schwinn Typhoon. :)

im a big fan of them

juist look at them

i run them on alot of my bikes, its a comfort and wear thing

30891_123327951028963_100000552763904_214681_1361062_n.jpg

DSCN3934.jpg

DSCN3854.jpg

DSCN3779.jpg

DSCN3777.jpg

DSCN4823.jpg

http://www.retro-rollers.com/

I've used this B72 for more than 20 years, it's my favorite. It was on sale for 40 bucks, I should have bought 2 of them.

2s6lpae.jpg

Their still handmade in the UK like they have been for over 100 years. What other company can say that. Not just the higher end models but every single saddle. I've got two Brooks. A '81 Professional on my '73 Raleigh Competition and a B67 on my wife's Bottecchia mixte. I try to pick them up used as their cheaper and broken in usually. This will give you a reason why
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QrakO04 ... AE&index=2

I used to have a really nice condition Raleigh Super Course back in 73' with a Brooks B-17 on it - wish I still had that bike. I'm going to be putting one on my Build-Off bike this year. I'm sure it's not going to fit me like the old one did but a Brooks is a Brooks - it's not their fault I weigh 100 pounds more than I did then.

Latest posts

Back