Brown Hairpin Saddles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looking for one to use on my Dyno makeover. Brooks are great but they are awfully proud of their seats and the prices reflect this. Saw some unbranded saddle from India that were much more reasonable.
They had the look I was looking for.

Anyone have any experience with these saddles ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link? Unbranded saddle made somewhere in India doesn't give a lot to go on. I have a French ADGA that is not as nice as most Brooks, but it does the job. Have you seen the saddles from Gyes?

Link? Unbranded saddle made somewhere in India doesn't give a lot to go on. I have a French ADGA that is not as nice as most Brooks, but it does the job. Have you seen the saddles from Gyes?
No. I will look. You can go to ebay and search brown hairpin saddle. They have it for 80 bucks or best offer.

The one with the tool bag, right? That's a nice-looking combo, but it isn't unbranded--it originally came from Rideable Bicycle Replicas (RBR). I did a little poking around and RBR themselves get some outstanding reviews. The saddles are rumored to have been produced by a company called Arpan. I don't have personal experience with either, but at least now, you can do some further research of your own. Apparently, they can be stinky. It's leather, fer cryin' out loud!

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/hairpin-replica-saddle-question.7914/

The one with the tool bag, right? That's a nice-looking combo, but it isn't unbranded--it originally came from Rideable Bicycle Replicas (RBR). I did a little poking around and RBR themselves get some outstanding reviews. The saddles are rumored to have been produced by a company called Arpan. I don't have personal experience with either, but at least now, you can do some further research of your own. Apparently, they can be stinky. It's leather, fer cryin' out loud!

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/hairpin-replica-saddle-question.7914/

The stink just adds to the ambience !

Bikeberry has a very nice hairpin saddle for 40 bucks includes shipping..i have had mine for a couple months..really nice saddle for the price..breaking in real nice..for the money it is great...l

Bikeberry has a very nice hairpin saddle for 40 bucks includes shipping..i have had mine for a couple months..really nice saddle for the price..breaking in real nice..for the money it is great...l

The saddles offered by bikeberry are made by the same firm that makes the hairpin saddles offered by RBR/Hiwheel.com: Victor. These are some low-buck real-leather Indian-made saddles. It wouldn't surprise me if Arpan, and other Indian manufacturers of old roadster-style bikes, used Victor saddles on their completes. I can't speak to their quality, as i haven't used one, but the very low price ($30 from hiwheel.com) makes them seem both tempting and suspicious. FWIW, hiwheel.com offers them in 3 colors...

The saddles offered by bikeberry are made by the same firm that makes the hairpin saddles offered by RBR/Hiwheel.com: Victor. These are some low-buck real-leather Indian-made saddles. It wouldn't surprise me if Arpan, and other Indian manufacturers of old roadster-style bikes, used Victor saddles on their completes. I can't speak to their quality, as i haven't used one, but the very low price ($30 from hiwheel.com) makes them seem both tempting and suspicious. FWIW, hiwheel.com offers them in 3 colors...
Thanks for the info..so far seems to be holding up ..only been about 8 weeks..see how it works..if not time for an upgrade..is my first leather saddle...

Thompson seats are nice for the money, but way too softly sprung for my big ___.

I need a saddle that is at least 9 inches wide on the back part of it. I have a terrible affliction known as "Noassatallis." It doesn't help that I am 270 pounds! [emoji3]

Thanks for the info..so far seems to be holding up ..only been about 8 weeks..see how it works..if not time for an upgrade..is my first leather saddle...

I'm sure it'll be fine. Just keep it from getting any water damage, and condition the leather from time to time. These affordable saddles are of the sort that offend snobs and epicures, but are fine for us plebes. =D

I need a saddle that is at least 9 inches wide on the back part of it. I have a terrible affliction known as "Noassatallis." It doesn't help that I am 270 pounds! [emoji3]

See, my problem with the Thompson saddle wasn't with the shape; it was with the very soft front and rear springs. It made me feel like I was riding on one of these:
696e6c932cdf3c702e9aab013fc71024.jpg
But otherwise, it was great for the price. Probably better for ppl 175 or less...

Me, I'm about 250, and it's allll up front. I, too, have pretty much no rear end. But I prefer saddles on the narrow side. different strokes, for different folks, i guess. My suggestion would be to check out http://crowcycleco.com/gyes/ ; Gyes makes some wide and sprung leather seats, and they're pretty cheap, too.

HTH
-Rob

if it's mainly for the look, go to Rideable Replicas .( www.hiwheel.com ) They still sell a big hairspring for just under $50 shipped.A bit on the hard side, but it looks good.
Another nicer alternative is Leper sold in Europe. I've ordered mine from Holland Bikes ( https://en.hollandbikeshop.com/ ) They run around $100 but I love the 2 I've used on my builds.
684224.JPG

if it's mainly for the look, go to Rideable Replicas .( www.hiwheel.com ) They still sell a big hairspring for just under $50 shipped.A bit on the hard side, but it looks good.
Another nicer alternative is Leper sold in Europe. I've ordered mine from Holland Bikes ( https://en.hollandbikeshop.com/ ) They run around $100 but I love the 2 I've used on my builds.
684224.JPG

Aren't you running that on your one stretched bike? It looks killer.

Checked the site and given the exchange rate for the euro and dollar it works out to about $ 85 for seat and shipping. Not a bad price for a very cool springer saddle!

Latest posts

Back