Bruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so I can in on the end of the last bike build off and I am stoked to participate in this one. I am starting with a schwinn knock-off frame and some spare parts I have laying around. Maybe I will pick up a new whitewall tire for the rear tire but that is all I am planning on buying. Maybe some paint and stuff for the dremel to get rid of those ugly cable guides.

Here are pics of what I am starting with: This afternoon I am going to strip the frame and fork and sand it down.

IMG_6877.JPG

IMG_6876.JPG

IMG_6875.JPG

Yeah, rivets would look cool. Just drill some holes and pop 'em in there. Or lash it on with leather shoelaces. Or just strip it completely and ride on the metal. That would be pretty hardcore.

Boneshaker said:
Yeah, rivets would look cool. Just drill some holes and pop 'em in there. Or lash it on with leather shoelaces. Or just strip it completely and ride on the metal. That would be pretty hardcore.

shoelaces would bee cool too!

Thanks for the tips. I really like the rivet idea or just straight metal. I started to strip the paint off the frame. That is going as fast as it can but I should have it primered before the weekend.

I picked up a new bike at a used sports store today.
IMG_6883.JPG

I put some tall bars on it and removed the stickers. I first picked it up as a donor bike for the one I am submitting but liked it so much after I cleaned it up that I think I will just ride it and enjoy it for a while like that. Plus the bars I got off this bike are perfect for the commie bruiser.

Latest posts

Back