Budzillacycles - Furniture build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kustom Kreator said:
Awesome bike! That jig really helps out. Did you make it yourself? Do you have a jig build thread?

Yeah I made the jig myself. I had posted the pics of it's design a few times over on CBN. I'll post them in a new thread here right now.

This bike is haunting my dreams! I haven't had any time to get back in the garage to work on the thing! Stupid job and obligations getting in the way! I'm getting some relief today by going to Billetproof with Chainy and Giggles.

Well I was real excited about this build. I thought "wow - it's coming together pretty nice". Then I figured out a major screw up. The BB was way too close.

I have two set of measurements on to different pieces of paper. I guess I went to layout the BB and completely overlooked the fact I was reading off of my neighbor Matthews bike measurements. I suppose I could have just jacked the seat sky high, but that wasn't what I was going after. I'm sure Matthew wouldn't have minded having the bike, but he might have had trouble with reaching the handle bars, lol

So I'm left with trying to make the correct (for me) measurements work. This is the new BB location. With the luck I have, it's good I don't play the Lottery.

3NewBike002edit.jpg

Here - just for comparison, the old set up ----

1newbike005.jpg

I actually like the newer shape. It fills the empty space at the bottom of the frame, and also has better flow to the seat tube. It's an improvement to me. Sometimes mistakes along the way make for a better end result.

Ricky, BB is for Bottom Bracket. Or Big and Beautiful. Or Bawdy and Beaudacious. Or Bizarre and Bronze. But in this instance...Bottom Bracket.

jeff

I do believe the welding is done and now I just need to get it blasted before I start with some bondo. It's pretty light. I dug through my donor pile and found a bike with a Shimano internal three speed so I can have a few extra gears to ride the hills of the greater Oakville area. I figured I would toss up some pics with the tires and rims that the 3 speed hub is still laced into. The hub and the gear selector shifted great untill the rusty cable broke. This hub even has a little cap over a zirc fitting to grease it.

--actually, I should ask. Is this hub worth my time? It's got 36 spoke holes. Am I going to have trouble putting it in a new rim?

I also think I need to cut the top/front edge of the tank and raise it a bit to take the space away between the top of the tank and the top bar of the bike. The forks are from Iride and are for a standard frame (the tubes are 22") so I still need to lengthen them. They currently make the center of the BB about 3 inches lower than it should be. The fork tubes on my spare WWC chopper are 29", maybe I'll use them. Hmmm.. looking at these pics makes me remember I need to miter the tubes under the seat and in front of the BB.

4NewBike006.jpg

4NewBike007.jpg

4NewBike003.jpg

4NewBike002.jpg

Incredible looking bike. There aren't too many bikes that are more unique than this one! What kind of bars are you going to put on it? One thing to watch out for is sudden stops with that bar right in front of the seat!! OUCH, Could be painful!

I have two 90 degree bends left of the gold tube and I am considering doing the handle bars out of them, maybe? If I did I would slug one end so I could mount them right to the top fork clamp by drilling and tapping. I'm not sure how long to make them. This frame might look better with shorter bars for that cafe racer look. I see any rider on this looking better leaning forward instead of upright. Right?

Xddorox, thanks for the mention of it being in the movie! That's cool. I'll have to check it out. Now I can tell people - "It's made out of furniture, as seen in Goodfellas" LOL

awww the balance between cool and comfort ...i 'd make them longer to start, then cut them dowm after s size fitting, would suck if it was to uncomfortable to ride ... but yes a forward lean is what its begging for ...

starting to be the coolest bike i've ever seen!

I got the Kenda Kraze tires on some rims and put them suckas on the see the look of them. I had the tube explode while inflating the rear tire, boy that was loud. So in these pics I had another old tube in it, but not inflated all the way. That and my sumo size butt on it is why it looks a little low.

I forgot all about the tank. I'll try to get some pics up with the tires and the tank on the bike. I have a set of these really cool Hospital clamp things I think I will use to mount the handlebars. This gnarly guy from WPB gave me a set

5NewBike001.jpg

5NewBike003.jpg

5NewBike004.jpg

I really like the look of this bike....although I do think that the tank distracts from the stylized frame that you have.

Maybe its just me, but I like it way more without the tank.

DUDE! I need 2 come 2 one of the rides and check out u and jims bikes!! I love this man! KEEP IT UP!!

Latest posts

Back