~~~ Build a Dream Bike ~~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Just wondering what you would build if you could build your dream bicycle. My Elgin Burrito concept got me thinking about what i would build if money were no object and the parts for all kinds of stylish bicycles were available. What would you combine and what kind of running gear would you have.

I am going to dig up a picture of one of my favorites, but it is in a box in the cellar and I need to retrieve it to post it, but the basis is a Shelby Airflow with some Monark and Higgins parts thrown in to make it cool!

Joe

id build a bike around motorcycle wheels with roller chain, big thick tubing, a custom springer to look like an indian style with the leaf spring, and id mill myself a supersized coaster hub. :D oh and a motorcycle seat, everything.

Simple, clean, as-authentic-as-possible turn of the century fixed gear diamond frame. :wink: No brakes, flipped 1/2 moon bars, hairpin... lots of patina :D

A bike that would be powered by a mainspring, like a watch.
You would pedal it to wind it up at your leisure and have some kind of throttle to control the release of the spring. You could, in theory, wind up enough tension on the spring to be able to sit and ride without pedaling your last mile home. You also could get a burst of speed by letting the spring go, although it might be too much to stop, like the guy who strapped a rocket booster to a Chevy and took off.

The spring would also be under incredible tension. It if broke out of the housing it would be bad all around.

But it might just work.

Hmm...
Not sure, this is a tough one. Theres lots of bikes i like, different styles.

If im going for style, It would probably be a Cleveland welding frame, With a Western Flyer Badge(Like my instigator)
Metallic Gold Paint, With modern BMX Parts, Freewheel, Grade A brakes...All the good stuff

if money were no object this one for a bicycle....
1920sElginwithmotor3.jpg

and not quite technically a 'bicycle' but......
indian1912b.jpg

and always a crowd favorite :wink:
invisible-bike.jpg

oh wait ive already built a few of my dream bikes!
zep592009.jpg

sactfinished001.jpg

lacucaracha010.jpg

Just a head-turner straightbar schwinn tanker with a shiny paint job. Something that looks like an old schwinn bike that never made it to production. Preferably 2 speed, matching radio flyer trailer or sidecar and an army of misc accessories, to add/remove as i see fit. I'll have to build it and show you what it would look like :mrgreen:

My dream bike would look and ride a lot like the Dyno Glide Deluxe sitting in my garage. 8)

Unchained said:
Simple, clean, as-authentic-as-possible turn of the century fixed gear diamond frame. :wink: No brakes, flipped 1/2 moon bars, hairpin... lots of patina :D

^^ like he said. Except no hairpin, and I'd want an adjustable track stem with track drop bars.

A Bowden spacelander reproduced in aluminum with a honeycomb core would do the job. The finish would be hand engraved and then polished, anything that wasn't aluminum would be nickel plated. It would be driven by a nexus 8 speed with an internal twist shifter (hidden inside the handlebars), converted to skip tooth. The front hub would be an internal suspension hub That would be laced to polished aluminum deepV rims with the braking surface machined off and topped with schwalbe cream tires. Then I'd finish it with shelby airflow handlebars,Jeweled grips,jeweled teardrop pedals, elgin tool box seat. I think that would create the ultimate retro futuristic style bike, which at the same time would ride amazing.

I'm with Mark on the big tank Huffmans.........Probably because of my proximity to Dayton and the fact that I have 3 friends own that own several dozen between them. I think my first choice for a bike that needs nothing to be a hot rod is the Monark five bar. For pure simplicity and beautiful lines I love the Colson Commandor. Not sure what i would use to mix and match :?:

Latest posts

Back