Build of the Decade

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty bike, too bad mine is a stylist.

Repairs were made to the frame, but it looks rough, I'm thinking about finding a new frame for the other parts.

Re: Trying to Save this Mongoose Decade

yoothgeye said:
I was thinking of reusing the screw ins on the back and getting some fork clamp standers for the front... where do I get those?

Pulled the wheels out of the bleach today, scrubbed them and WD40'd them... they look NICE.

Found these by accident and thought I'd give you a heads up.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 2891947264

Looks like an 87 Decade to me. Who would hack the beautiful design on this frame? Any thoughts on restoring the frame? I would keep the Mongoose forks, may not be able to find white pegsones but chrome ones are always available. FT fork Standers always come up on ebay but the pegs are cheaper & look much better on that frame.

I think this frame is dead in the water and may get tossed. I had a friend work on remaking the missing pieces of frame, but they are not even and it looks rough, so I may just toss it now that I have another older BMX frame to work with.

junknutz1975 said:
any updates? :D

Still hanging in the shop, I had thought I was putting the frame to death, but last time I looked at it I thought I might try to save it still. There is a guy local who will powdercoat for me for free, but I have to prep... ugh, that old paint is tough, though I already media blasted most of it.

I've been working on other BMX bikes recently, both chrome... ugh again.

CCR said:
yoothgeye said:
CCR said:
Sidehack it?

I've already got a half complete sidehack sitting in my shop, I call it RRBBO7 first attempt.

Cut it off and weld it back on then :mrgreen:

Please get out of my head, I'm not sure where the exit is, but don't show the rest of the thoughts on the way out.

could be a build off bike if you hold off a little maybe/ maybe not?

Latest posts

Back